Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you nitrous guys paying per pound? I ordered a Zex wet kit with the "tuners package" today to quench my need for speed untill I can save up for something better. There is only one place in my town that fills and they want $5.00 a pound. That seems crazy high to me. I was expecting $2-3, am I smoking crack? Or does it really cost $5.00?

·
Registered
137 Posts
light up that pipe, 'cause its about the same here in B-town. the mustang guys at school all go to "automotive engineering." not sure if your familiar with that store in your area....... let us know how the setup turns out!

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, You can get a refill station for $800. Bulk nitrous is only $1.50 per pound. ( A savings of $3.50 per pound) After you used 228.57 lbs ( or 23 bottles full) you would have your refil station paid for. Or if you placed a classified add and refilled bottles for a fair price of $3.50Lb. It would pay for itself much sooner.
If i like the Zex kit, I think ill make the investement.

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
Chase2000gt said:
Damn, You can get a refill station for $800. Bulk nitrous is only $1.50 per pound. ( A savings of $3.50 per pound) After you used 228.57 lbs ( or 23 bottles full) you would have your refil station paid for. Or if you placed a classified add and refilled bottles for a fair price of $3.50Lb. It would pay for itself much sooner.
If i like the Zex kit, I think ill make the investement.
When you get that refill station, I'm gonna need one of those big bottles. Actually, better make it two.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regulator said:
When you get that refill station, I'm gonna need one of those big bottles. Actually, better make it two.
:lol: Nos! I need Nos! I topped out at 140 today! Im gonna need one of those big bottles. Actually better make it two!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yea I pay 4/lb around here, sometimes 4.50. My shop is looking at getting a station, charging at first so it will pay for itself, and then letting the regulars get the gas at cost.

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Free since my friend owns a shop.

Normal is $3.50

·
BOOSTED 03 GT
135 Posts
depends on how long of a run you go say 1/4 miles runs more than 10 its been a while since i had to use that much spray though
last bottle i filled was 3.50 a pound
140 ya right thats slow haha try over 150

·
Meow.
7,786 Posts
BADBOY187A said:
depends on how long of a run you go say 1/4 miles runs more than 10 its been a while since i had to use that much spray though
last bottle i filled was 3.50 a pound
140 ya right thats slow haha try over 150
:uh: how could you miss that? it was a quote from fast and the furious.

·
Registered
109 Posts
out of curiosity, why did it show his car spinning around like that after he "topped" his car out. Never had that happen when I have driven other cars, or is it that he just can't drive?

·
Meow.
7,786 Posts
ErionJay said:
out of curiosity, why did it show his car spinning around like that after he "topped" his car out. Never had that happen when I have driven other cars, or is it that he just can't drive?
Because the dude couldn't drive in a straight line to save his ass. He fucked up his 1/4 mile too. Back in my ricer days, I watched the extras DVD, and the director said he wanted to set it up to show that Paul walker's character was an excellent driver as far as obstacles go, but couldn't drive straight.......

·
Patriot Performance
3,457 Posts
No need to get a refill station, they are a waist of money. The pumps fail much to easy. All you need to do is get a 80lbs S tank from your local gas/welding supplier who caries N20. Put your bottle in the deep freeze over night. Then just hook your bottle stait to the larger bottle and it will suck it right in to exactly 10#. That is how we do my bottles and it work perfectly. No filling station needed.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stratus_R/T said:
No need to get a refill station, they are a waist of money. The pumps fail much to easy. All you need to do is get a 80lbs S tank from your local gas/welding supplier who caries N20. Put your bottle in the deep freeze over night. Then just hook your bottle stait to the larger bottle and it will suck it right in to exactly 10#. That is how we do my bottles and it work perfectly. No filling station needed.
Really? Hmmm have anymore info on that?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts