Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I hydroplaned and my rim saved my car from smacking into the barrier on the interstate. I measured the rim and it looks like it’s just about 17” in diameter and every rim that looks like the ones i have say 16” online. Now i’m not too keen on wheels but i’m not sure if what i found is the same size and i don’t want to order one smaller than the rest so if someone has an idea if the 16” is the factory style and knows where i can find one online or can point me in the right direction that would be great! This is my daily driver for work so any help would be much appreciated View attachment 45057

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
405 Posts
i forgot the rim size was on the tire lmao appreciate it
But what a great opportunity for an upgrade. When I stopped using my Spyder for work and decided to make a fun car out of it, it had two bent rims. If you can spring for the money to replace all four you can go to any size you can fit in. I went to 8.5 by 17", You probably can swing 18" if you use a low enough aspect ratio tire. ...J.D.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
54,504 Posts
The OEM wheels have a reputation for being very bendy, you should check all your other wheels closely for bends before deciding on replacing a single OEM wheel or getting a whole set of aftermarket.

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
405 Posts
The OEM wheels have a reputation for being very bendy, you should check all your other wheels closely for bends before deciding on replacing a single OEM wheel or getting a whole set of aftermarket.
Not to mention the fact that they are heavy. ...J.D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts