Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month my GT has been running rough (spitting, sputtering, terrible gas mileage, exhaust smell, running rich, black smoke out tailpipe). I mean it was barely getting me to work. I'd have to play with the clutch and accelerator anytime I got into traffic just to keep it from dying on me. So I parked the car for about two weeks before I had a chance to work on it. Then yesterday, I couldn't get it to crank at all. So I sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body and got the car to running for about five seconds then it shut off. I just need some opinions from you guys. I know it has spark, compression and air. So that makes me think its something with the fuel.

Side note: About the car running rough, I changed the plugs, wires,Egr and distributor and button about 5 months ago. Nothing fixed that problem so I ended up putting it in the shop. The mechanic told me it was the alternator? I thought that was odd but hey whatever they did fixed it and it ran ok for about a month then it gradually started doing the same thing again. Codes I've pulled are for two O2 sensors, a EGR, and a misfire. But anyway, right now I'm concerned about getting it to crank and run and I'll work on the rest later. Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts