Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I have a 2003 gt with a manual tranny. My car is throwing 5 codes right now, 3 for the o2 sensors saying too lean/too rich and the other two is one for the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor. (PO0335 and PO0340) my question is, why would all these codes be thrown at the same time? I had no service engine light before these codes. the car idles and runs fine just like always, starts right up even during cold mornings like today (18 degrees) the only thing wrong with the car is it has a leak in the flex pipe. there is 81k miles on the car and the timing belt was just done at 76k. lately I haven't drove it much, idk if that would cause anything or not. I have no loss of power at all, except for I can not reach above 5500 rpms in gear, but if I hold my clutch pedal in, I can reach redline. the parts are relatively inexpensive, I am a little lost on where the sensors are exactly and what is required to remove to replace the sensors. any help with any of this or previous experience is appreciated. I know there are other forums out there for the cam and crankshaft sensors but it seems my case is a little unique. thanks guys in advance

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm currently dealing with the exact same codes, replaced two o2 sensors and those three codes went away, replaced the crankshaft sensor, but I'm still getting both codes( for the cam and the crank), so now imma tackle the camshaft, which I'm hearing is in the distributor, so that's going to get changed today, well hopefully.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm currently dealing with the exact same codes, replaced two o2 sensors and those three codes went away, replaced the crankshaft sensor, but I'm still getting both codes( for the cam and the crank), so now imma tackle the camshaft, which I'm hearing is in the distributor, so that's going to get changed today, well hopefully.

Yeah please let me know how that goes dude. I'm curious to as how it works out

·
Registered
306 Posts
Had the same thing a little while back. Replacing your distributor will fix both the cam and crank sensor codes.

Sent from my MB865

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had the same thing a little while back. Replacing your distributor will fix both the cam and crank sensor codes.

Sent from my MB865[/QUOTEi

I replaced both the cap and rotor last night as they were both pretty fried. By replacing the distributed it fixed both your cam and crank sensor codes? Were you tacking out before redline also?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! And nahhh sorry lol I tried doing it at a local junk yard but its cold as shit here ( Chicago weather) so I just went to get it done, and yeah man good luck!

Thanks bro! Just curious do you happen to know how they made sure the distributor was in time with the engine? I've been told that I may need a computer of some kind to time it, but I don't think that's right from what I've briefly read

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive read on here that as long as you don't turn over the key while the distributor is off, you should be good, but I don't know much about it to be honest

I replaced the distributor, and all my codes went away for the cam and crank sensor as well as all the o2 sensor codes. But I still can't go above 5500 rpms in gear, so I still got some figuring out to do

·
Registered
32 Posts
Going thru the same thing after hitting a bump in the road . Got all these codes and engine would chatter when accelerating . Ima go pick one up at the junk yard and see what happens

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,350 Posts
More often than not, this is the problem. I had this wonderful experience myself while cruising down the highway not too long ago. Just make sure that you get one from the appropriate year of car, as the internal design changed from 02-03

·
Registered
17 Posts
To the guy that can't rev past 5500 id be checking out your valve timing make sure your marks end up where they're supised to id bet you're a tooth or two off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
does anyone know of any wiring issue or maybe interference that can cause the check light for cam and crank sensor circuit issue they share one wire but i cant find a problem with it and both crank sensor and dizy are new even switched the ecu the old one had a crank sensor circuit short im about ready to scrap the car

·
Registered
4 Posts
More often than not, this is the problem. I had this wonderful experience myself while cruising down the highway not too long ago. Just make sure that you get one from the appropriate year of car, as the internal design changed from 02-03
the dizy i bought is a ignitioncoil brand model IC10889601L it says it works with 02 and 03 eclipes am i missing something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys I have a 2003 gt with a manual tranny. My car is throwing 5 codes right now, 3 for the o2 sensors saying too lean/too rich and the other two is one for the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor. (PO0335 and PO0340) my question is, why would all these codes be thrown at the same time? I had no service engine light before these codes. the car idles and runs fine just like always, starts right up even during cold mornings like today (18 degrees) the only thing wrong with the car is it has a leak in the flex pipe. there is 81k miles on the car and the timing belt was just done at 76k. lately I haven't drove it much, idk if that would cause anything or not. I have no loss of power at all, except for I can not reach above 5500 rpms in gear, but if I hold my clutch pedal in, I can reach redline. the parts are relatively inexpensive, I am a little lost on where the sensors are exactly and what is required to remove to replace the sensors. any help with any of this or previous experience is appreciated. I know there are other forums out there for the cam and crankshaft sensors but it seems my case is a little unique. thanks guys in advance
wiring ecu

1 - 20 of 20 Posts