Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm looking for a DIY/how to for replacing a crankshaft position sensor. I have the tearstone performance manual, but I can't really follow it. I do better when I see actual pictures... much easier to follow.

2002 Mitz eclipse 3g 2.4l automatic trans.

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
You dont need to jump through any hoops on replacing this on a 4cyl. Its near the intake and its just a couple screws holding it in. Takes 5 seconds to replace. I had 2 go bad in my eclipse.

Look at your engine manual in your car and find where its located on the engine. Its on the right side under all the intake plastic. Unclip the plug, unscrew it and pull it out....then pop in the new one. VERY simple. The piece is like 3 inches long

·
Zero Resistance, LLC
1,948 Posts
You dont need to jump through any hoops on replacing this on a 4cyl. Its near the intake and its just a couple screws holding it in. Takes 5 seconds to replace. I had 2 go bad in my eclipse.

Look at your engine manual in your car and find where its located on the engine. Its on the right side under all the intake plastic. Unclip the plug, unscrew it and pull it out....then pop in the new one. VERY simple. The piece is like 3 inches long
That would be correct if he was replacing the camshaft position sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts