Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i hit the gas or release it my car makes a creaking sound....kinda sounds like my car is made of wood or somthin lol anyone know what this can be....also 2 more problems when i put my car in reverse the car jumps its laways done this..just replaced my mounts and still does it its an automatic, also just had a flux pipe installed and making a leaking sound at around 4500 rpms maybe just needs to break in beacuase it is new..HELP!!!!

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
when i hit the gas or release it my car makes a creaking sound....kinda sounds like my car is made of wood or somthin lol anyone know what this can be....also 2 more problems when i put my car in reverse the car jumps its laways done this..just replaced my mounts and still does it its an automatic, also just had a flux pipe installed and making a leaking sound at around 4500 rpms maybe just needs to break in beacuase it is new..HELP!!!!
My first 3G (2000 Gt) did the JUMP when you put it in reverse and it was ::ghey3: I have no clue what it could be and still to this day can not figure it out. Just like you I replaced my motor mounts but it still happened. Well I will say with my 5-Speed 3G it does not do it anymore.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daaamn dont tell me that lol i have a loan on the car for another 2 years :( well thanks any lol...anyone else might know?

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
daaamn dont tell me that lol i have a loan on the car for another 2 years :( well thanks any lol...anyone else might know?
I thought you wanted the truth :) anyways man if you can not figure it out then I would sell the car and get another one while still paying the loan. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yaaaa i was leaning towards a honda prelude becuase EVERTHING is cheaper... but I dont know who would buy the car with that problem...well thanks anyway man ill try to work somthin out

·
King Shango
3,077 Posts
Your absolutely right your motor mounts are going bad you have 4 of them to get checked out. A good way to see if your engine mounts are shot......

1) Open the hood
2) Have someone sit in the car with their foot on the brake
3) Have them change between reverse and drive
4) and finally while your looking at your engine you may see your engine jerking back and forth

This is not good so i would look ionto getting those mounts changed

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds good thanks guys...i just had my front mount changed like 2 days ago...i guess ill go get the others looked at to :( man cars suck!

·
King Shango
3,077 Posts
sounds good thanks guys...i just had my front mount changed like 2 days ago...i guess ill go get the others looked at to :( man cars suck!
I wouldnt say cars suck. Thats the car that gets you around so id treat her good. Mistreat her and shell bitch and moan (Creaking) lol :sam:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yaaa yaaa i kno it does get me to my job wich is about an hour and a half away from home...i treat her good but i guess it is a 7 year old car :(

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
You need to have the other three mounts checked as well. Your description in spot on for bad engine mounts. The passenger side mount tends to squeek and/or creek when it has gone bad. I think a bad rear mount tends to make the car "jump" a bit more as the engine isn't stable when it comes to rocking back and forth.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that actually is the most logical reason i have heard yet..lol thanks im deffinitly goin to drop it off this weekend to get the rest of them looked at..because i only replaced the from mount..that creaking sound is the worst..i feel the pain from my car everytime i hit the gas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts