Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sucked on the vaccum line and everything's fine. Tb opened up and was able to stay open. I'll post a pic later, but I believe my problem is with the black box thing that creates the vaccum. Idk what it's called.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What I believe will fix my problem will be to replace my vaccum pump. Since I sucked on the hose and the tb opened so there's no vaccum leak so if I replace my vaccum pump t should create the vaccum necessary to engage cruise control. Priced one on eBay for $40, but I'm gonna go to a salvage yard and try to find one that works at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Solve your problem?? I JUST started having this problem
One of many to happen... all at once. While i wait on a response, I'll be sucking on that hose lol
No I haven't fixed it yet lol I really only drive in the city are would rarely use it anyway so I haven't messed with it.

·
Back from Deployment
2,001 Posts
Solve your problem?? I JUST started having this problem
One of many to happen... all at once. While i wait on a response, I'll be sucking on that hose lol
Haha being from Beaumont, you should have some experience with that. Don't they call it a Louisiana Credit Card?

LOL just kidding man. My CC is jacked up too and I've checked everything. Going to get the CC computer next time I hit the junk yard.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
if I am not mistaken isnt there a line from the brake pedal also. Not sure it would contribute to the problem but just in case

·
Back from Deployment
2,001 Posts
if I am not mistaken isnt there a line from the brake pedal also. Not sure it would contribute to the problem but just in case
I think I read somewhere that there is another switch on the clutch or the brake pedal, where it falls out of the housing. I've checked the clutch but not brake pedal. I forgot all about it; I've been working on other stuff since most of my driving is city and all my local highway driving is at constantly varying speeds.

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
is your third brake light working?
or are you using an led light for the third brake light.
either of these will cause the cruise control not to set.

so this is where i got that idea..

i know this is a older post, but it requires correcting.

on the 3g eclipse, it is the side brake lamps that are connected to the cruise control-- i don't know if it goes through both or just one side, but i do know that the 3rd brake light has nothing to do with cruise control.

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,350 Posts
on the 3g eclipse, it is the side brake lamps that are connected to the cruise control-- i don't know if it goes through both or just one side, but i do know that the 3rd brake light has nothing to do with cruise control.
I don't know if it's both either, however I DO know that when I forgot to plug in the RH taillight some years back, the cruise on my car would turn on and set just fine. BUT as soon as I turned on the RH turn signal (the one not plugged in) the cruise would cancel. I did not check to see if I could duplicate this with the other side.

·
Back from Deployment
2,001 Posts
For anyone possibly interested, I just fixed my cruise control. There is a switch near the top of the clutch pedal bracket. Not the start safety switch, another one up by the big cluster of wires. It had somehow come out of adjustment and come out. I readjusted, reinstalled and it works. Credit should be given to, I THINK, JermtheElf for having found that problem before when I read about it a while back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know if it's both either, however I DO know that when I forgot to plug in the RH taillight some years back, the cruise on my car would turn on and set just fine. BUT as soon as I turned on the RH turn signal (the one not plugged in) the cruise would cancel. I did not check to see if I could duplicate this with the other side.
Either one (left or right, center doesn't matter)...the computer monitors resistance to the brake lights (I'm thinking the ecu must send a millisecond pulse I see no other way to monitor the resistance when your not stepping on the brake). LED's can and WILL cause this problem too.

BTW I replaced my LED's and that that fixed my issue. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
For anyone possibly interested, I just fixed my cruise control. There is a switch near the top of the clutch pedal bracket. Not the start safety switch, another one up by the big cluster of wires. It had somehow come out of adjustment and come out. I readjusted, reinstalled and it works. Credit should be given to, I THINK, JermtheElf for having found that problem before when I read about it a while back.
Yup. Mine had stopped working also, but the cruise control light still lit up on the dash. Readjusted the switch this morning and now it works :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
new cluster wont work

I put in a cluster a friend custom did for me from his v6 gt 00 and it doesn't read fuel or rpm I just put it in and nothing but speed and temp any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cruise control issue

Hey all.. Been trying to solve my cruise control issue for a while and have been reading through this forum for a bit now. So my issue is that my cruise control goes on and off on its own regardless what I press on the switch attached to the steering wheel. Mainly when I go over bumps or sometimes when I hit the brakes. There are no issues with my lights and no LED's I will be checking the vacuum lines and switch above the brake peddle sometime this weekend but wanted to get this up and see what Ideas anyone comes back with. Thanks all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cruise control Light comes on but won't set. Speakers won't Work. Wiring Mess.

So just bought this car a month ago to replace the last 2004 eclipse spyder gt which some jackass stole and totaled.

Found a 2004 sypder gts the same color. I checked the fusebox in the engine bay but not the one on the inside of the car the day I bought it. (Rookie Move)

Already replaced the valve cover and gaskets, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, 4 new brake rotors, new pads, fluids, struts and mounts.

When I drove the car from the dealership I could tell the cruise control wasn't working but the light would still illuminate. At the time the speakers worked.

I checked the fusebox on the inside of the car when the speakers stopped working to find a complete mess. I don't know if this is related to my cruise control issue or not? Sometimes my left turn signal blinks faster than it normally does then will return to normal.

·
New Kid on the Block
101 Posts
Yup. Mine had stopped working also, but the cruise control light still lit up on the dash. Readjusted the switch this morning and now it works :)
Hey any idea where that is on an automatic? I'm running into this problem at the moment as well... Also any pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
New Kid on the Block
101 Posts
Nevermind I've found a few online... will the same model work fine with a manual or a automatic v6? (03)

·
New Kid on the Block
101 Posts

This is what I'm looking to purchase.

Listed as: 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse OEM Vacuum Pump Solenoid G6T50371ZC Stock 3g Cruise 03

21 - 40 of 44 Posts