Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
54,396 Posts
You mean an eccentric washer? For that to work, it has to be keyed to the bolt shaft and the head of the bolt has to be able to be turned to make the adjustment.

I think a better solution would be

With a design like that you can set tension or lack of tension however you want and have slack to deal with cars being a little different, bent from accidents, etc. With right materials and thicknesses it would be just as strong. Look at the rear control arms of a 93-02 Toyota Corolla for an idea..hell They might even just bolt on there. Replace the rubber bushings with brass inserts or steel bushings with longer bolts and voila!

·
2011's are gay
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'd love to say it was my idea but designers have been doing it for ages to eliminate assembly tolerance build up that would otherwise call for match drilling where strength, weight and vibration are all design factors in a dynamic structure.

I will try to do a sketch for WK when I get a chance. But in the mean time if you imagine a washer with a off-center hole that just fits inside a fixed cup with a much larger through hole in the bottom then rotating the washer around changes the location of the smaller mounting center. The bolts head-pressure keeps the washer from rotating and the edges of the washer keep the cup from moving latterly.

Sorry, I'm too used to describing things to aero space engineers and machinists perhaps Jordan (Bitter) could describe this type of assembly better if you asked him about a caster camber adjustment.
i think i under stand now, so the washer would make up for peoples cars being slightly off. i figured that everyones car would be slightly different that's why in the first post it says that if you order one then you have to include a center to center measurement of the bolts on your car and i will make them to that measurement +/- .125" there will be little room for error so their measurements need to be somewhat precise

·
Exacerbated Member
5,414 Posts
That holds true for a caster/camber adjustment but here all you do is drop the non concentric disk into the mounting cup and rotate it with your finger until the bolt threads can pop through then you run the nut down onto it.

My point was to show him how to make his design function easily and without the separate match drilling.

There are other aftermarket designs that use your "better solution" but I have been scolded for bringing up those kinds of issues, and I chose to not pick that fight. In my personal opinion neither design is optimal but given the proper temper steel his will work and is simpler and more elagent.

As a cyclist I have a warm place in my heart for Celeste Green.

·
2011's are gay
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
anyone else interested? once i finish up another project i will start pm'ing people and if i get enough buyers then they will be made

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
I'm interested, just not ready to buy yet. Sorry... I'd have to see some reviews of what people think about it.

·
2011's are gay
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
This will work fine on the spyder right?

And how is this group buy going I might buy one if they are still being made.
it should work fine on the spyder.

as far as the group buy, for me to make these i need committed buyers, so that i'm not stuck with a bunch of left over material, there are alot of people saying that they might buy them or are waiting etc. but i can't just make a bunch of them and sell them because the way i make them they are going to be a tight fit so i'll need a specific measurement off of a specific car per bar, i don't want to make 5 of them all the exact same size and ship them out and have 1 person say it's to short and one to long etc. i'm sure over 10 years of driving around that things may have gotten slightly tweeked a little different on everyones car.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I have an under axel exhaust, will this work with it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Go look under your car and check!

And alright White I understand. I am down for sure! I have the money and everything so let me know when. I will take measurements with my spyder for you if you want. Just let me know how you want me to do it.

·
2011's are gay
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
i think it should, post a picture of an under axle exhaust so i can see what exactly one looks like
And alright White I understand. I am down for sure! I have the money and everything so let me know when. I will take measurements with my spyder for you if you want. Just let me know how you want me to do it.
awesome, thats what i want to hear.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts