Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has made/tried to make a sub box that fits up against the back seat and over that lip that sits in the back of the hatch.
Maybe even fitting one into the spare tire space?
( I wanna try to keep trunk space)
Looking to get some ideas of what you guys have done for subs and amp placement

Got a 02 Eclipse GT looking to put in a 10" sub maybe a couple of 8"s

·
Farts In The Tub
2,245 Posts

060_6650298_n.jpg?oh=14cf26e9d290a907f9b07d66884a5cd4&oe=554029B2[/IMG]

I forgot to take pics after I made the frame, before I stretched the felt on it. There's a separate internal box I built to volume spec and then screwed/glued in place. In a nutshell, you build a frame from medium density fiberboard (available at Lowes, etc) build a box, round all of the corners so when you stretch felt over it to make the curved shape it looks nice, felt it, impregnate the felt with fiberglass resin first to hold the shape. Cover it in layers of fiberglass mat. Bondo. Sand. Primer. Paint. Install. Complete.

I suggest either working with someone that has fiberglass experience, or read up quite a bit on proper techniques and tools you will require. Dremels are helpful, just saying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks bad ass
Too bad I don't have the knowledge to make it myself or I would :/
(probably should have mentioned that I'm a noobie) anyway
how much would you charge for a box like that?

and where did you mount the amp for the sub

·
Farts In The Tub
2,245 Posts
That was my first time working with fiberglass, I was a noob. All I did was read enough to get an idea and just winged it from there and it turned out ok. Nothing is that hard, it just requires patience. The amp mounts in the back where the opening is. And I will not be making any more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts