Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am customizing some old TYCs I had laying around and I dont know whether to paint them silver to match my car, or paint them black to match the ladies car.

I have taken 2 photos. One is with the black TYC and the other is with the primered TYC. I need someone to paint the primered one Silver to match the car and also add the 2 red circles from the black TYCs to the primered ones so I can see what they will look like when done. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
That's not bad man it just needs more shine on the tailight. I don't know shit about PS, so I don't know how the hell to fix it.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an Idea, keep them body color and tint the lights
I thought about that also. I have some night shades. We will see. Thank you DLT for that great photoshop.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Sweet :bigthumb:

·
Registered
129 Posts
  • Creat new layer,
  • Pick the taillight with pen tool (same can be done with polygonal lasso tool).
  • Fill in the selection with base color (something that matches the trunk).
  • Used smudge tool to put the highlight on it (it can be done with clone tool, brush tool too).
  • At this point it looks a little bit flat.
  • Pick a darker color than base color and put some shadows at the bottom and on the side of the taillight.
  • Cut a circle for the trunk lock.
  • You might want to put a little bit of noise ~0.5 (Filter>Noise>Add Noise)
  • Copy the lights from the original and paste them. Make sure they are in the right place.

At this point you should be done, I don`t think that I missed anything. If the final result doesn`t match the color of the car you can try adjusting it in

Image>Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast
Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation

Hope this little write up will help you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts