Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
n00b hater
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as stated in my FS Thread, here are my new TYC customized integrated reverse lights. These are a definate one of a kind, and only one was made in production as a prototype. Recognition for these special TYC's goes to HIJACKER of SC-CUSTOMS. The time and quality spent on these are flawless. And bright! :lol: Unfortunately it's raining outside so I couldn't spend all the time to get really nice pics, but I have some to at least show you all how they look. Let me know what you all think. And nevermind the mess in the garage since we are moving very soon. :twothumb:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
:woot:

I think these add an extremely new look to the back of the car and make a huge difference. I'm glad you took interest and decided to give these and shot and install them, truely means a lot.

Regardless, the new look and the car looks fantastic!! Great work!

·
Previous 3g Owner
1,363 Posts
Wow I would buy these in a heartbeat! I like what you did with your stock reverse lights too. I really think I would color match it like you did.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Very nice! Hijacker, are you planning on doing this to other sets perhaps?
Wow I would buy these in a heartbeat! I like what you did with your stock reverse lights too. I really think I would color match it like you did.
Most likely, no. There is a fair amount of modification that is required to the body panel behind the taillights and re-routing some wires. I honestly don't feel comfortable putting something in production which requires someone to do that much work to install something. These were sold to Jeff as one off proto I made back in March with the understanding of the amount of fabrication involved to install them.

Additionally, these lights would be priced in the range of $180-200/set for me to make a return on the parts involved, shipping, and some profit margin. If someone has STRONG interest in doing this mod, I "may" be willing to make a couple sets only on a per order basis. Email me at [email protected] and we'll discuss offline.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Those lights look awesome.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Those do look really good, and quite unique. I always wondered if someone would/could integrate some kind of lighting effect in that spare lens. I'd even be interested in just an extra tail light in that area. Or even a reverse cam like the lexus' cars(wonder how that would look). Hijacker outdid this unique idea once again.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Those do look really good, and quite unique. I always wondered if someone would/could integrate some kind of lighting effect in that spare lens. I'd even be interested in just an extra tail light in that area. Or even a reverse cam like the lexus' cars(wonder how that would look). Hijacker outdid this unique idea once again.
The most common place a reverse cam would be placed on this car while remaining discreet is removing the keyhole assembly for the trunk and placing a cam right there (passenger side light). :)

·
i give gray e-rep!
1,250 Posts
looks beautiful!
im not sure about the useless original reverse lights?
also, is that legal?
in NY we are required a red rear reflector just to pass inspection.

·
n00b hater
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those look great!

Steve, do these use the stock bulbs and wiring?

Unfortunately no they don't. Steve incorporated a special light design set-up (not sure what) inside. Because of the new light fixture, the car has to be cut to fit. Like a 3" circle roughly. Tin snips worked the best for me since I have no power in the garage. Once that was accomplished, you then take the wires from the original reverse lamp, route it to the connection provided on the back of the TYC, either tapped in or quick connect style, and TADA!

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
looks beautiful!
im not sure about the useless original reverse lights?
also, is that legal?
in NY we are required a red rear reflector just to pass inspection.
I dont know if we have to have rear reflectors to pass inspection, but if we get pulled over and do not have red rear reflectors, that is a ticket in the state of Ohio.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts