Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay everyone, I'm hopin someone can kinda show me the right direction. I just stumbled upon this forum tonight & just need some good ol' fashioned help from anyone that have experience with these cars (this is my first Eclipse).

03 Eclipse GT Spyder. On the speedometer, the whole left side (from 30 & below) -- I guess the light bulb blew out. Same thing on the temp dial--the fan speed dial is completely out, the left half of the hot/cold temp selector is out too.

I tried looking at past forums to see if I could find part number for bulbs. I saw something about a t-10 and a t-5 but it's like greek to me in the sense that I don't know where to go to even find these. The thing that makes me so unsure is--I've never seen a bulb from this dashboard so if I tried to order anything from amazon or ebay, I might end up looking at/buying the wrong thing.

The nearest Mitsubishi dealer to me is South Suburban Mitsubishi in Matteson IL. They told me bulbs for the dashboard for the 3G Eclipses are hard to find. But if I find them, bring the car to them & they'll install them. So now the biggest thing is to see where I can find these.

Would anyone happen to know where/how to order these light bulbs? I've exhausted all avenues and after looking for a year now, I have absolutely no where else to turn except to the Eclipse community.

Help?

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT
558 Posts
Welcome!

Most of the instrument panel lights are size 194. The HVAC panel backlights are 2721. Those are standard sizes and you can order them online from Amazon or buy them in most any parts store chain. I'd replace all the bulbs while you've got it apart

The best way to figure out what bulb is to remove the bulb and read the label. Sometimes the labeling is worn off though, or the bulb is too small to have labeling.

The instrument panel is relatively easy to remove. Be gentle with the black plastic trim because it tends to be very brittle and can break easily. The HVAC bulbs are a little harder to replace, but anyone with some DIY skills should be able to work through it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hay everyone, I'm hopin someone can kinda show me the right direction. I just stumbled upon this forum tonight & just need some good ol' fashioned help from anyone that have experience with these cars (this is my first Eclipse).

03 Eclipse GT Spyder. On the speedometer, the whole left side (from 30 & below) -- I guess the light bulb blew out. Same thing on the temp dial--the fan speed dial is completely out, the left half of the hot/cold temp selector is out too.

I tried looking at past forums to see if I could find part number for bulbs. I saw something about a t-10 and a t-5 but it's like greek to me in the sense that I don't know where to go to even find these. The thing that makes me so unsure is--I've never seen a bulb from this dashboard so if I tried to order anything from amazon or ebay, I might end up looking at/buying the wrong thing.

The nearest Mitsubishi dealer to me is South Suburban Mitsubishi in Matteson IL. They told me bulbs for the dashboard for the 3G Eclipses are hard to find. But if I find them, bring the car to them & they'll install them. So now the biggest thing is to see where I can find these.

Would anyone happen to know where/how to order these light bulbs? I've exhausted all avenues and after looking for a year now, I have absolutely no where else to turn except to the Eclipse community.

Help?
I have a 04 gts hard top, but my lights are dimmer from 0 to 30/40 mph, but the circular smaller section that is divided by plastic circles is lit fine. I think changing these bulbs are harder then what it's worth going thru changing them. Taking out the dash to get to where the plastic lays over the center console from what I've heard is not worth it due the dash board possibly breaking and then cracking if not already. Mine is not and I have heard that everyone that takes their dashes off they all break, then you have to remove the thin plastic overlay where it shows the speed,RPM's & amount of gas, which is where I have read the light bulbs you want to replace live. I've heard and read that it is unbelievably hard and half the time isnt worth it, If its not a fuse personally I wouldn't mess with it. I have the center area above my radio that shows your temp and time and bass and tremble is completely out. I tried the fuse but it did not fix the issue. Its the factory radio so I am imagining that its probably bad wiring worn out. radio still works, just can not use or change the bass or check time or direction, I hopefully can replace the radio with a flat screen I believe Pioneer makes one where you don't need even a mounting kit due to the specs of flat screen its the same size and fits literally like a glove. seen them in and they look very nice and slightly updates the look inside. I would have that done professionally though so if any issues with dash or wiring or breaking the dash at all is under their insurance, since regular car coverage wouldn't cover a new unbroken dash which I don't believe they have anymore. You can look on the actual Mitsubishi website or google OEM Mitsubishi parts and there is a website that you can order from and they are all OEM parts.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

Most of the instrument panel lights are size 194. The HVAC panel backlights are 2721. Those are standard sizes and you can order them online from Amazon or buy them in most any parts store chain. I'd replace all the bulbs while you've got it apart

The best way to figure out what bulb is to remove the bulb and read the label. Sometimes the labeling is worn off though, or the bulb is too small to have labeling.

The instrument panel is relatively easy to remove. Be gentle with the black plastic trim because it tends to be very brittle and can break easily. The HVAC bulbs are a little harder to replace, but anyone with some DIY skills should be able to work through it.
Jelazar!!! Howdy & thank you very much!! I've seen the 194 light bulbs at Auto Zone but never 2721. Demastryj and you both have one point in common, about how the dashboard could fall apart. You both are making me think about it even more. I would have my mechanics do it for $60 but it could fall apart in their hands as well. Then I'd have to spend more money to replace the whole thing. It's been like this for the last year & I didn't notice it too much cuz I didn't drive it much in the Winter & in the Summer here in Chicago, it's usually light until like 830-845p most of the time so I never needed the lights. I feel a lot better at least knowing what kind of bulbs. Thank you for your kindness.😇

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 04 gts hard top, but my lights are dimmer from 0 to 30/40 mph, but the circular smaller section that is divided by plastic circles is lit fine. I think changing these bulbs are harder then what it's worth going thru changing them. Taking out the dash to get to where the plastic lays over the center console from what I've heard is not worth it due the dash board possibly breaking and then cracking if not already. Mine is not and I have heard that everyone that takes their dashes off they all break, then you have to remove the thin plastic overlay where it shows the speed,RPM's & amount of gas, which is where I have read the light bulbs you want to replace live. I've heard and read that it is unbelievably hard and half the time isnt worth it, If its not a fuse personally I wouldn't mess with it. I have the center area above my radio that shows your temp and time and bass and tremble is completely out. I tried the fuse but it did not fix the issue. Its the factory radio so I am imagining that its probably bad wiring worn out. radio still works, just can not use or change the bass or check time or direction, I hopefully can replace the radio with a flat screen I believe Pioneer makes one where you don't need even a mounting kit due to the specs of flat screen its the same size and fits literally like a glove. seen them in and they look very nice and slightly updates the look inside. I would have that done professionally though so if any issues with dash or wiring or breaking the dash at all is under their insurance, since regular car coverage wouldn't cover a new unbroken dash which I don't believe they have anymore. You can look on the actual Mitsubishi website or google OEM Mitsubishi parts and there is a website that you can order from and they are all OEM parts.
Demastryj---Howdy & thank you too for your feedback. Actually after reading Jalazar & your posts, I had a chance to re-evaluate whether I should do this. My lights are complete out at the same spaces on the speedometer too. It's not a fuse issue because everything else is lit up as it's supposed to be. I guess I should be surprised that these are the same lights that have been there since the dawn of man!!

I took my factory radio out cuz the cd player stopped playing & the cassette tape wouldn't come out so I put in a Sony 1 din. The Pioneer one you talk about I think is a 2 din one. But I believe Sony make 2 din ones too.

Anyhoo, after the warning from Jalazar & then you, I figure 2 people can't be wrong. I rather have security over experiment.
I won't be messin with it, at least not until everything just goes out, then I'll have to replace all the bulbs. And I don't want to really mess with the wiring since it's 19 years old & no one has ever been behind the dashboard.

Thank you both for your guidance. 😇

· Registered
1 Posts
Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Vehicle Steering wheel
Hey I have that! 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts