Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just last night, I lost my dashlights and my passanger taillights for stopping the big one on top and the small one in bumper. Now i checked all the fuses and they seem to be fine i just don't know why it happens all at the same time. Now with the dash lights, when i put my headlights on they don't come on unless i press the brakes in which they do until i leave off the brakes. I checked the fuse right there and its good, could it be a bad switch but where would that be located? Plus for the passanger taillights both to just go out is werid, now they do come on if i hit the brakes but then just with headlights they don't. Anybody can help me? thanks.

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
yes i pulled every fuse in the side of the dash and under the hood non of them are blown.
I'm sure it's probably a fuse, you most likely saw one that was blown but didn't realize. I'd check again, because all of those light run off of the same fuse. So that would be a pretty obvious solution

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it was a fuse underneath hte hood, it was for the taillights but im surprised a 7.5amp fuse controls the dashlights as well as one side of the taillights, i thought it would be a bigger fuse.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its happen again, just now its the passanger top brake light. The bottom one works fine. Its just this will be the second time i am replacing the same bulb. Do these seem to go out fast? I have only had the bulb for like a couple of months and now i have to pay mitsubishi again to change out the bulb. I checked all the fuses and there are no fuses that are out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it helps, I had the same problem about a month ago in my '03 GTS. The damn dashlights and and passenger side parking lights went the hell out. Went through five or six fuses in 1.5 days. I finally took it to the dealership, they first said it was the instrument cluster dimmer switch, but when they installed a new one, it still had the same problem. Long story short, they finally traced a dead short to a wire harness in the left front wheel well. They actually showed it to me, and appearently, this wire harness had broken free of whatever was holding it in place, and the wires were being slowly cut away by the surrounding sheetmetal, because the wires were rubbing up against them, from everyday driving, going over bumps, etc. They eventually got cut up, and LIGHTS OUT!--no more dash lights and passenger lights. $150 and one day later, the wiring harness was taped up and secured in the left front fender, and my lights are back. You might want to check this harness out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts