Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Custom User Title
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ddp kit-who has one? Pics of mine!

I searched and searched and I can't find anyone with this kit or see pics of it. (other then the pics on ddp's site). I hear people bashing it but they never claimed of having it. I want to know whats wrong with it (other then pipes) Who has one!

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
E_bomb_gt said:
I searched and searched and I can't find anyone with this kit or see pics of it. (other then the pics on ddp's site). I hear people bashing it but they never claimed of having it. I want to know whats wrong with it (other then pipes) Who has one!
I wouldn't call it "bashing" the kit, but it's more like pointing out that the pipes have to be reworked. What's the point of buying something that already comes flawed and requires extra money to fix? Once the piping is reworked, the kit works if it's properly tuned... just like anything else.

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
Tearstone said:
I wouldn't call it "bashing" the kit, but it's more like pointing out that the pipes have to be reworked. What's the point of buying something that already comes flawed and requires extra money to fix? Once the piping is reworked, the kit works if it's properly tuned... just like anything else.
thats if you get all the parts, which doesnt happen all the time

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Eclipsed4utoo said:
thats if you get all the parts, which doesnt happen all the time
I think any f.i. kit distributer has been guilty of that. Sometimes the companies that we rely on just don't come through as fast as we would like them to. Like Turbonetics for instance, they are a company that just loves to drag their feet.

·
NA 4 now
321 Posts
E_bomb_gt said:
dont get it! i had one for a while it needed a lot of work on the pipes(exhaust and intake). although the motor did not get hurt, and it made good power 275whp 267wtq. talk to tearstone if you want a good turbo kit. i wish i had waited for that one.

·
NA 4 now
321 Posts

·
Custom User Title
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah but how much psi did you run and did you have the v6-btw i did buy the kit because I want to try it out, if i don't like it my buddy wants it for sure and he will give me how much i have into it. Do any of you guys want pics when it comes in tomorrow and instal?? because i hear a lot of people wanting to see it installed.

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
i would like to see pictures of the kit when it comes in and of the install. also, if you have to make modifications to the kit, those would be helpful too

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Good luck to you, and i hope it works out. Please let us know what mods you have to do to make it all work out ok.

·
Custom User Title
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay the kit didn't come today but he told me to get some silicone for the oil pan, jb weld for the fitting for the oil return and some of this sealer stuff for the fittings (oil lines). I got the car jacked up with my oil pan off and my down pipe off. The front bumper and fenders and hood are all taken off because i am repainting my car. I'll keep you guys updated and show some pics when the kit gets here. I don't have a dyno around here so i can't give hp gains or anything till i go to my buddys house that is about 3 hours away.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
E_bomb_gt said:
okay the kit didn't come today but he told me to get some silicone for the oil pan, jb weld for the fitting for the oil return and some of this sealer stuff for the fittings (oil lines). I got the car jacked up with my oil pan off and my down pipe off. The front bumper and fenders and hood are all taken off because i am repainting my car. I'll keep you guys updated and show some pics when the kit gets here. I don't have a dyno around here so i can't give hp gains or anything till i go to my buddys house that is about 3 hours away.
Do not tap your lower oil pan! Tap your upper oil pan and if you get the right fitting & tap you don't need to JBWeld it. If you don't have a dyno around where you live, how are you going to get it tuned properly?

So far by the way you are talking, I can guarantee that you are going to have issues unless you at least try to do this right the first time around. The silicon is called "RTV", and get a tube of the orange high-temp stuff.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
Custom User Title
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
k i got the kit and my buddy took a picture of it out of the box. I am acutally very impressed with the fitment so far I have the turbo on the car with the downpipe and y pipe, Oil connections and water for the turbo. now i am working on the intake and the intercooler pipes. I disconnected my fuel pump and cranked the car and oil is getting circulated good and water works fine. Ill keep everyone posted.

·
Custom User Title
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okay i am almost finished with everything
Modifications- (remember aftermarket and it says to cut to fit in instructions) i just needed the downpipe welded witch didn't fit very well (i added about a inch to the downpipe. Added longer vaccume lines to the boost guage. Cut the upper intercooler pipe about 3 inches off (pipe that goes off the turbo) BTW drunk tonight. Y pipe was a great fit and the intake was awesome fit. Posting pics saturday or sunday of the kit out of the box and the kit installed. COol with everyone?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts