Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
How about a microswitch at the bottom of the shifter assembly?
Thats another solution, but the same issues to clearances for the switch and no safety is key. Imagine if the switch somehow broke and got jammed in the shifter assembly while you were driving. That would be fun.

·
Mei's dad
1,127 Posts
Thats another solution, but the same issues to clearances for the switch and no safety is key. Imagine if the switch somehow broke and got jammed in the shifter assembly while you were driving. That would be fun.
Then I would disengage the clutch and pull over; just putting it out there. Maybe the shifter linkage at the tranny housing would be a better choice then. I just thought it would be a relatively simple way to provide a "first gear = limit boost" signal.

Keep us updated on the progress of your kit. Since I have yet to receive a reply from icemanrdl19 on how much he wants for his used turbo kit, I am very much interested in pursuing this option when it's ready.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
I don't think Randy is going to sell his kit.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
He's like a bipolar girl going shopping for a pair of shoes, he can never make up his mind!

:lol:

·
Mei's dad
1,127 Posts
He's like a bipolar girl going shopping for a pair of shoes, he can never make up his mind!

:lol:
:rofl:

What turbos are you planning for your TT kit? And where would be the best spot to plumb in the oil return line on the rear of the engine?

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
:rofl:

What turbos are you planning for your TT kit? And where would be the best spot to plumb in the oil return line on the rear of the engine?
Stock 9B turbo's from the VR4 modified to fit the 13T cartridge from the WRX. These turbos have made over 600awhp on a 3S in TX and made over 400awhp on a car w/ just a fuel pump. :twothumb:

The return should go as high up as possible on the rear upper pan.

Reactions: Guy

·
Mei's dad
1,127 Posts
Stock 9B turbo's from the VR4 modified to fit the 13T cartridge from the WRX. These turbos have made over 600awhp on a 3S in TX and made over 400awhp on a car w/ just a fuel pump. :twothumb:

The return should go as high up as possible on the rear upper pan.
Thanks for the info. Now get that TT kit together :twothumb:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts