Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a rippmods kit, but i miss my turbo so bad (95 tsi awd talon) that i think im gunna go turbo charged instead! I saw this kit at the website, and it is inexpensive. even with the fmic (which i want) it was only $3500 which is still a lot of money, but decent considering what you get. I was wondering if that was a good setup or if there were any others that are better for the money. Im definately willing to fork up an extra grand or so into a higher quality, reliable product. This has probly been discussed somewhere hundreds of times, but i have searched and only found good things about every kit. thanks

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
i havent heard many people on here saying that they have the DDP kit, i think i have only heard of two having them, but i may be wrong!

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
I am helping a guy tune a DDP kit on a GTS. A local shop did the install, and from what I here, they had to rework the pipes to fit. The AAI kit looks to be a great kit, but a DDP kit that has not had all the bugs worked out would be a pain in the A$$.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i just went to "the org" site and found tons of people bashing the ddp kit, hmmm...... maybe supercharged is the way to go, i dont see many people running 11's , 12's with a turbo kit, but i have seen 11,'s and 12's consistantly with an sds stage two or higher system. I really do want a turbo, dont get me wrong, but i cant find 1/4 mile/acceleration times to justify that the turbo is worth the $

·
Wanna be my Sheep?
8,255 Posts
HOTspyderGTS said:
yeah i just went to "the org" site and found tons of people bashing the ddp kit, hmmm...... maybe supercharged is the way to go, i dont see many people running 11's , 12's with a turbo kit, but i have seen 11,'s and 12's consistantly with an sds stage two or higher system. I really do want a turbo, dont get me wrong, but i cant find 1/4 mile/acceleration times to justify that the turbo is worth the $
First off the DDP is shit, don't waste your money on it. It will require just about as much money to make it work right as the "kit" and I use that term loosely cost origonally.

Secondly, Make your FI decision off of what application is better suited for your needs and desires, don't base it off of 1320 times. If you are going to base it off of that, give the turbo guys time, some of us SDS owners are better funded than the turbo guys and can spend what it takes to get there. Given enough time and money any FI 3G running enough boost can get down there.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
war00gs said:
I've heard of DDP turbos blowing up engines and shit. not sure i'd reccomend it.
Matt said:
First off the DDP is shit, don't waste your money on it. It will require just about as much money to make it work right as the "kit" and I use that term loosely cost origonally.

Secondly, Make your FI decision off of what application is better suited for your needs and desires, don't base it off of 1320 times. If you are going to base it off of that, give the turbo guys time, some of us SDS owners are better funded than the turbo guys and can spend what it takes to get there. Given enough time and money any FI 3G running enough boost can get down there.
^^ What they said

·
F*** her hard
679 Posts
I have a friend here in town who owns a bodyshop with his dad and his friend had a 3g and he ordered a DDP kit when they installed it together they had trouble up the ass. Nothing fit right, but then again they did the install, should have took it to a mechanical shop or high performance shop.

I think in the automotive for sale section their is a thread on DDP kit for sale and the price seems reasonable if you are willing to go through the work for it to fit right. I copied this out of the automotive for sale trade section

These Turbos are brand new, straight from the manufacturer. I am good friends with a speed shop owner and these are his deals to me. If you are interested, send me an email at [email protected]

3G Eclipse V6 DD Power Turbo Kits Include: Special $3,200 Shipped
- Mitsubishi Watercooled 650 CFM Turbo
- Y-pipe Turbo Adapter
- Downpipe
- Spearco Front-Mount Intercooler
- Mandrel Intercooler Piping
- Walbro In-Tank Fuel Pump
- Vortech 12:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Turbo XS BOV (Blow Off Valve)
- Cool Air Turbo Intake System
- Boost Gauge
- Air Fuel Ratio Gauge
- Oil & Water Lines
- All Hoses & Clamps
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings
For Engines: 2000-05 3.0 6G72
Boost: 5-10 PSI (safely on stock engine)
HP Gain: 90-110 HP (5 PSI - safely on stock engine)
Turbo Efficiency: 400 HP
Direct Bolt-On: Yes
Warranty: 6 Months

3G Eclipse DD Power Turbo Kits Include: Special $3,100 Shipped
- Mitsu 16g Turbocharger
- Cast Iron Turbo Manifold w/ Heat Shield
- Downpipe & Adapter
- Spearco Front-Mount Intercooelr
- Turbo XS BOV (Blow Off Valve)
- Mandrel Intercooler Piping
- Walbro In-Tank Fuel Pump
- Vortech 12:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Air Intake System w/ Filter
- Boost Gauge
- Air Fuel Ratio Gauge
- Oil & Water Lines
- All Hoses & Clamps
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings
For Engines: 2000-04 4G64 2.4L
Boost: 5-10 PSI (safely on stock engine)
HP Gain: 70-90 HP (5 PSI - safely on stock engine)
Turbo Efficiency: 350 HP
Direct Bolt-On: Yes
Warranty: 6 Months

E

·
0 Posts
dude my buddy has the ripp modds supercharger and he only gained 35 hp ha ha ha. ddp kits you can make 100 hp on 6-7 psi just depends on elevation. i am buying one up and posting it here in a few weeks. i love that front mount on that.

·
NA 4 now
321 Posts
Tearstone said:
They all have about an even track record. If you ever check out why most engine failures occur, it's because they were not tuned properly.
thank you. i am one of few running this kit. yes it does stand to need some piping help but so far my engine is held up. with set 6psi(sometimes boost creep to 7 or 8), the last dyno run i made pulled 275whp and around 267wtq. yea know i personal dont like the sds but i dont bash it. some have had problems with it just as well as nitrous and other turbo kits. it goes with out saying when you F/I a N/A motor you are going to have to work at it. tuning tweeking. shit will happen no mater what. dont base your decision just because some member(s) have not had success with something and thke out there agression on it.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
eklipse_gt said:
dude my buddy has the ripp modds supercharger and he only gained 35 hp ha ha ha. ddp kits you can make 100 hp on 6-7 psi just depends on elevation. i am buying one up and posting it here in a few weeks. i love that front mount on that.
Idk man, too much piping to go around in that setup if u ask me. I would look for the one AAI used to sell, i think its the better option.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts