Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'll try to keep this short, At approx 15k my 03 gts started slipping between 2nd & 3rd. took it in and they said they rebuilt the trans, it was fine untill Around 30k and it started again. now at 34k it was doing it consistently enough that I could show them again. I get a call this morn. from them saying the trans fluid is dirty and the service manual says to flush it every 30k before the do any warr. work. $109 if that fixes it, Knowing this cant be correct I said fine do it I know thats not the problem ,
I just got a call from them saying the flush worked and its shifting fine, OH BS
I told him to drive the heck out of it tomorrow and then questioned them about the 30k flush when the owners manual says nothing about it under normal conditions and recommends it at 150k under sever conditions he kinda stumbled said hold on then came back and said he would have to fine the info for me
Needless to say I'm getting pretty aggravated
If anybody has had this problem or suggestions I would appreciate it

·
*insert funny title*
5,375 Posts
They are jerking your chain. I don't do flushes until 60k miles on my cars. At 30 all you should have to do is change it.

Have them show you were it says they HAD to do a flush (at your expense) in order for them to warranty the transmission.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I'm thinking. I change my filters around 60k.
Thing I forgot to ad is apparently the did not change the fluid when they rebuilt it the first time. Tomorrow is going to be interesting

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having at the dealer. I've never had any luck with the dealership I took mine to. I actually just took my car to my mechanic this afternoon to have a new clutch put in. There is a possibility that my transmission will also need serviced. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Thats what I'm thinking. I change my filters around 60k.
Thing I forgot to ad is apparently the did not change the fluid when they rebuilt it the first time. Tomorrow is going to be interesting
:bsflag:

There's no way the "rebuilt" the trans and did not change the fluid...they're full of crap. Ask to speak to the service manager. If that doesn't work, ask to speak to the general manager. Keep going up as far as you can until you get some results. If they rebuilt the trans, I would imagine the work would be warrantied for more than 15K miles...and they absolutely should have changed the fluid (the only way they could have avoided changing the fluid is if they collected it in a drain pan and then poured it back in (which would still require some new fluid to be added since inevitably they'd lose some in the process...besides, I'm sure their tech guidance/standards do not allow for them to reuse the fluid. Start getting management involved...I'd demand that they either rebuild it again, replacing the fluid in the tranny and torque convertor, or replace the tranny since the work you had already paid for was below standard, all at their expense. If you even start to get the run around, just keep asking for the next highest manager...I would blow my top if they tried that crap on me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts