Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with windows Vista basic.

Whenever I attempt to play a sound the application will freeze and the sound will not play for half a second. (Makes it very hard to play flash games)

Also there is around a 10-20 second delay each time I choose a new song in windows media player. Everything else is running fast and having no problem. Just when sound is attempted.

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,305 Posts
Sound's like the sound drivers are having some problems. Do you have the "Recovery CD" that came with the laptop. Usually Dell comes with it to reinstall drivers. Try reinstalling the drivers. If not, try downloading the drivers from Dell's website.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
You know what, I just caught the part where you were running Vista. I know that the early HD audio chipsets had driver issues with Vista, mainly Azalia and Sigmatel ones, and sure enough, your laptop has a Sigmatel audio chip in it.

Try these drivers: ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R147073.EXE

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,305 Posts
:agreed: My Dell desktop has a SigmaTel audio chip and I was having problems with it after a few months. The AudioEndpointBuilder process was constantly using 50% of my cpu. The only thing that fixed it was installing SP1 RC. But as you will read in the Vista SP1 thread, I had to uninstall SP1, and the problem has not come back.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know what, I just caught the part where you were running Vista. I know that the early HD audio chipsets had driver issues with Vista, mainly Azalia and Sigmatel ones, and sure enough, your laptop has a Sigmatel audio chip in it.

Try these drivers: ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R147073.EXE
Thanks Inferno! I'll Erep you when it'll let me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts