Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently there was a thread pertaining to an engine build issue with Tearstone Performance Solutions. Mysteriously this thread has disappeared. Now, I don't pretend to know why it was deleted, but it reeks of the same old BS nazi crap that CMF did to any negative publicity or competition on the old boards. This type of moderating was criticized heavily, and it is really against on the premises on which the board was founded.

However, this is not the first time that information has been deleted. Many of the original posts from Juan Soto from the 3.5L swap thread were also deleted. Juan posted up how he accomplished the swap, Tearstone didn’t agree with how the swap was done, Tearstone stated that there was a better way, Tearstone posted his thoughts on how the swap should be completed, and then most of Juan’s information was deleted.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Wow, hadn't known this. I would like to hear more on this really, being so into the 3.5 swap thread. I mean 'Tearstone' may be correct, I would expect that, so I suppose an explanation is in favor? I don't want to get out of line and get "repromanded" again, but would like to see more on this.

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Many of the original posts from Juan Soto from the 3.5L swap thread were also deleted.
Now, you tell me what threads were deleted of his in that thread you say posts were deleted. I am looking at the Moderator log of that thread. The moderator log shows every action that was taken in that thread, from edits, splits, closed, open, deletions, etc.

I see one thing in that thread. Are you talking about some other thread, what am I missing?

·
vBulletin Admin
16,671 Posts
I approved the action. The thread was started by someone who was not involved in the dispute and frankly had no business being involved.

·
1,150 Posts
There was a thread created in the good guy/bad guy forum. Someone had an issue with Tearstone. I read the thread also however, it is no longer there. I agree that it should not have been deleted. If there was a simple solution or if the claim was unfounded it should have been posted. The fact that it has been erased looks fishy.

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Juan posted up how he accomplished the swap, Tearstone didn’t agree with how the swap was done, Tearstone stated that there was a better way, Tearstone posted his thoughts on how the swap should be completed, and then most of Juan’s information was deleted.

Now, did Juan do this with using photos from his Photobucket account? If so, go look through each one of Juan's post that includes his Phototbucket url, all his picture links are dead, leaving an empty post.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n208/j-j-s/TurboEclipse.jpg

·
vBulletin Admin
16,671 Posts
I could care less how it looks. I have no connection to either company. Fact remains, that the person who started the thread didn't have anything to do with the dispute.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Any posts that were deleted in that 3.5L thread at that time were to weed out all of the slander and banter started by Juan Soto to keep the thread lean with useful information rather it was correct or not. Besides that, Juan was banned I believe 2 times due to his abuse, not by myself.

The admins have concise logs of everything we (as moderators) do to this site and keep a close watch on us.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with the decision to remove Juan's blatant OT comments in the early days of the 3.5L thread. However, in his defense there was a language barrier, and a lot of people giving him crap for what parts he used and how he went about the swap. His response to "him doing in the wrong way," was to go OT with the discussion. Wright, wrong, indifferent that is what happened.

The trimming of the thread did however remove quite a bit of content that benefitted the informational community of the board. You can tell the thread has been edited just by looking at post #1 and post #2. You can tell there was a lot of discussion that had been removed.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclipse-gt-gts-specific/70489-3-5-6g74-swap-discussion.html

I hinted at the missing comment in the below post, but at that time I just let the issue rest.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/2087431-post1566.html

Sam, as far as the photobucket account, can you tell which happened first: the trimming of the thread or the removal of the pictures from photobucket?

My whole point by starting this thread is to point out questionable deletion/editing of threads that equates to cencership. I normally do not speak my mind on these types of issues, but in these two instances I felt strongly enough to say that I disagree.

I am by no means trying to undermine the integrety of Russ or any of the other moderaters. It may just be a matter of my perspective on these issues. By no stretch of the imagination do I attempt to say that I can keep up with even a small percentage of the traffic on this site. On a whole I believe the moderaters do a great job with this community, and thus I have stuck with this site for a number of years now.

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Sam, as far as the photobucket account, can you tell which happened first: the trimming of the thread or the removal of the pictures from photobucket?
I have no idea, and it really isn't pertinent because that account was his; no one but him had the ability to remove those images, not us. Those posts of his are still there, but there are no images associated with them. Again, there are no images because of his photo hosting account, nothing we have control over.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
There was a thread created in the good guy/bad guy forum. Someone had an issue with Tearstone. I read the thread also however, it is no longer there. I agree that it should not have been deleted. If there was a simple solution or if the claim was unfounded it should have been posted. The fact that it has been erased looks fishy.
I agree. I went to check up on that thread only to find it gone in what I thought to be Governator type fashion. I was very surprised since this forum and Russ in particular has been very good with addressing issues in an open setting.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Fact of the matter is, the thread had absolutely nothing to do with a transaction with anyone on this site, so why in the world would it belong posted on Club3G?? For that reason alone, I can understand why the decision was made to remove it.

I think everyone needs to understand there is a big difference between this situation and what you would see take place on .org. Those threads would be deleted by the SELLER of a product when the BUYER asks status or a refund, and that SELLER would continue SELLING that product to other buyers/victims. Those transactions took place on .org making not only the administrator/owner of the website accountable, but also has a direct relationship to the website itself.

This case however, is completely different. The transaction did not take place in the For Sale forums, PM's, or anything else within the Club3G domain. Regardless, no one here can possibility make any judgement on the situation without knowing what and if any contracts were signed, those terms, agreements, conditions, and anything else in relation to the dispute which I remind you, did not take place within this website nor with someone who is a member of this messageboard.

·
1,150 Posts
I couldn't care less how it looks. I have no connection to either company. Fact remains, that the person who started the thread didn't have anything to do with the dispute.
Fixed and I guess I missed that part. I thought it was his engine or parts or whatever the deal was. If that is the case then it was rightly deleted. Not that my .02 matters.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fact of the matter is, the thread had absolutely nothing to do with a transaction with anyone on this site, so why in the world would it belong posted on Club3G?? For that reason alone, I can understand why the decision was made to remove it.

I think everyone needs to understand there is a big difference between this situation and what you would see take place on .org. Those threads would be deleted by the SELLER of a product when the BUYER asks status or a refund, and that SELLER would continue SELLING that product to other buyers/victims. Those transactions took place on .org making not only the administrator/owner of the website accountable, but also has a direct relationship to the website itself.

This case however, is completely different. The transaction did not take place in the For Sale forums, PM's, or anything else within the Club3G domain. Regardless, no one here can possibility make any judgement on the situation without knowing what and if any contracts were signed, those terms, agreements, conditions, and anything else in relation to the dispute which I remind you, did not take place within this website nor with someone who is a member of this messageboard.
What you just said makes no sense. I am glad that the member from another board brought it to our site. It lets us know that there is a questionable business problem with tearstone performance. I do not know the whole story and don't claim to. However with the thread deletion tearstone made it so nobody will.I know I am just a newbie or whatso but I do alot of reading here. The reason I left .org was for this same reason.

·
I violated Sam
10,867 Posts
What you just said makes no sense. I am glad that the member from another board brought it to our site. It lets us know that there is a questionable business problem with tearstone performance. I do not know the whole story and don't claim to. However with the thread deletion tearstone made it so nobody will.I know I am just a newbie or whatso but I do alot of reading here. The reason I left .org was for this same reason.
Russ is a long standing and trusted member of this site. None of his business practices have ever been labled "questionable" in the past, so don't slander him by saying so now. As someone stated, no one knows the exact details besides Russ and Juan.

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
I am trying to put this in context I can understand. Firstly, the Juan Soto thread has been cleared up from what I understand.

Secondly, this other thread that others are claiming collusion is in regards to a thread in another forum? What forum was the thread from?

·
1,150 Posts
I am trying to put this in context I can understand. Firstly, the Juan Soto thread has been cleared up from what I understand.

Secondly, this other thread that others are claiming collusion is in regards to a thread in another forum? What forum was the thread from?
There was a thread created in the good guy/bad guy forum. Someone had an issue with Tearstone. I read the thread also however, it is no longer there. *edit*

·
Fear my erep power
4,294,967,295 Posts
FYI
Unless someone has something else to add. I will me moving this thread in about a week

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts

There was a thread created in the good guy/bad guy forum. Someone had an issue with Tearstone. I read the thread also however, it is no longer there. *edit*
So a thread that was started by a person who was not involved in the issue; created a thread here about an instance regarding Russ from another forum.

Does this example below fit?

I bought a widget online at "store X", eventually I had a problem with my widget from "store X" and someone who was not involved in my widget transaction from "Store X" went to "forum Y" to create a thread about the problems I had with my widget at "store X".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.