Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i have been debating on either the dell XPS or the Sony Vaio. i have been researching alot and would guess that you guys would give me the best advice. My funds are minimal to around 1200, so i have one question..will i notice a great difference between 1.5 GHz on the dell and 2.0 GHz on the sony?
any other advice would be great!
thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there is also a difference of 120gb hard drive on the dell and 160gb on the sony...and 1gb of memory on the dell and 2gb on the sony. appearance wise i like the dell better. the dell would come out to be 1,100 and the sony around 1,300. is it worth it to dish out the extra $?
oh and im not using this for gaming or anything like that. just for school and myself

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
again im not into gaming or anything...but i need a 2gb for vista? thats news to me but vital info cause i will be definately going with vista. thanks

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
again im not into gaming or anything...but i need a 2gb for vista? thats news to me but vital info cause i will be definately going with vista. thanks
Yeah vista is a horrible resource hog, I have a dell with a AMD2-T56 and 2GB of ram. Vista uses about 700-900mb of ram at idle. :eek: So 2gb is a must for the operating system and to do any application work.

Sorry to give you the bad news. :(

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
one more question guys...is there a big difference between 1.5GHz, 1.66GHz and 2GHz?
reason im asking is to save 100$ lol
thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts