Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I recently updated my computer to an Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+, 2.22GHz with 2 gigs of Ram. And a evga 7600GT card. And I just bought this Sony Vaio that Ive been wanting for a long while.

Newegg.com - SONY VAIO SZ Series VGN-SZ640N05 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7500(2.20GHz) 13.3" Wide XGA 2GB DDR2 667 160GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS and Intel GMA X3100 - Retail

I know most people say to stay away from them but I like how their screen, very low weight, bluetooth and wireless card without having to customize anything. Granted, they are pricey but I didnt want to customize anything and I did a little searching. Im sure I could of found another very light case with a good screen with bluetooth and shit but oh well.

Now, I cant wait until this comes and see if its faster than my desktop or not. I am rarely home so it would be nice to carry a laptop around to do homework and what not.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
That's a bit pricey given the specs for the cost, but if you're happy with it, that's all that counts. My father only uses Sony laptops for the last 6 years, and all of them have never gave him any grief. The screens on them are definitely high quality, very vibrant and sharp.

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
I got the same one last year around Dec. I got it for 2600 total with two of Sony's 3 year waranty's (one for software/hardware, one for screen, keyboard, bodywork, etc).

I love it. But mine is the carbon fiber version, hence why it's so light. I think mine is like 3.3lbs or something.

Great choice!!

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do they come loaded with Spyware like Dells (I think it was Dells)

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
I almost got one of those but went with my T60p thinkpad instead. I didn't care about the weight since I have a backpack I carry mine around in and 2lbs vs 4lbs doesn't make a difference to me. I've just had great experience with the thinkpad's durability and I take mine everywhere, from offroad to planes to bed.

·
R.I.P Shavana :(
2,769 Posts
Got a Macbook pro for 1700.00
* 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 1440 x 900 resolution
* 2GB memory
* 120GB hard drive1
* 8x double-layer SuperDrive
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 128MB SDRAM

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It finally came!! :woot:

Not used to this keyboard...I like my Logi G15 wtih all those lights. And now, I have to return back to a non illuminated one. Otherwise, I am not sure I really like Vista

·
R.I.P Shavana :(
2,769 Posts

Not used to this keyboard...I like my Logi G15 wtih all those lights. And now, I have to return back to a non illuminated one. Otherwise, I am not sure I really like Vista
Why don't you like vista?

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why don't you like vista?
Its different :lol:

Every time I try to change an option/feature, I get a small window that blocks up, blurs the rest of the screen.. to ask me permission if I wanted to change it. Then I have to pick change or whatever. THEN the screen that I wanted to pop up, finally pops up.

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt hit me until recently...but NewEgg basically gave me Vista business but no cd. I have my own key but no copy of vista. That is kinda stupid since I cant format without a vista copy :ugh:

·
Premium Member
13,055 Posts

Plug the G15 to your laptop. :bigthumb:

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Plug the G15 to your laptop. :bigthumb:
:lol: Kinda defeats the portability, no? :p

However, I have been using my G7 mouse tho. I hate those touch thingies more than the keyboard. Hopefully, my brother gets me the logi vx nano for xmas :x:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts