Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we have a 2005 GTS (hard top) with a manual trans. The car is gonna be built primarily for driver satisfaction and just being a fun car. Not trying to race anyone, not trying to AWD or engine swap, just some cornering when I go into the mountains with my uncle and cruising. Right now I’m focusing on the intake/exhaust system, and I’m fully aware there are plenty of posts about this same topic, BUT HEAR ME OUT. I’ve seen a few people from different platforms/forums claim that the GT and GTS header setups play different for each motor. Is there anything I should be majorly concerned about or is it just people talking? For context I’m looking at hunting down a set of RPWs simply because of the sounds, pair it with either a torxe or nvidia catback, and just a simple AEM intake, nothing too crazy. Thoughts opinions and comments are all welcomed, and if you have any advice for a newbie 3G owner I’m all ears. Thanks in advance!

·
V8 > 3G
2,719 Posts
Driver satisfaction? Fun factor? Lower the car on some quality springs, upgrade the shocks, and invest in an aftermarket rear sway bar. Grab a torch and burn all the factory rubber bushings out of the suspension. Upgrade everything to polyurethane.

If you're 16, sure, throw a bunch of money down the drain to make the car super loud. 3rd gen Eclipses can't even hang with new minivans anymore so have some fun, enjoy your youth, and annoy everyone else.

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
405 Posts
Driver satisfaction? Fun factor? Lower the car on some quality springs, upgrade the shocks, and invest in an aftermarket rear sway bar. Grab a torch and burn all the factory rubber bushings out of the suspension. Upgrade everything to polyurethane.

If you're 16, sure, throw a bunch of money down the drain to make the car super loud. 3rd gen Eclipses can't even hang with new minivans anymore so have some fun, enjoy your youth, and annoy everyone else.
YES...But who wants a modern mini-van ? OR a modern anything else for that matter. I quit buying new cars a LONG time ago. I am much better off financially since I removed my addiction for new cars. Now the latest lure is to go electric. Just another in a long line of gimmicks to keep the public in debt. ...J.D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts