Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
*Under Construction*
991 Posts
No. Intakes dont do anything but make the rest of the exhaust sound a bit louder/better. No performance gain rly. Also u have a 4g on club3g. But thats ok :) no harm

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Way too much money just for a name. No payback at all performance wise. Get a cheap one off ebay or amazon or build your own. It's all the same crap. Some piping, connectors and a filter.

·
*Under Construction*
991 Posts
Not like its gonna be enuf to tell. Mayb 1 or 2. Ide rather my RAI give my car that nice whistle and exhaust tone :). Plus just looks better

·
Administrator
16,320 Posts
Way too much money just for a name. No payback at all performance wise. Get a cheap one off ebay or amazon or build your own. It's all the same crap. Some piping, connectors and a filter.
Wrong. AEM, Injen, K&N do alot of R&D. Mounting it a huge difference. Those cheap turds off ebay are crap.

yup if its a hundred dollars cai or a 30$ cai they all do the same thing. your just paying for a name basically.
You pay for piece of mind. Did you know all of those crappy cheap intake have no mounting points? Which cause hose clamps to come loose, which causes unmeasured air to get in the system. Not only that, they corrode from the inside out (at least mine did when I was young, dumb, and cheap.)

OP you're doing the right thing. Get a quality part, with warranty, and a good nights sleep at the end of the day knowing you have a good product, and not something made in a Chinese sweatshop by 5 year olds. Looks like the biggest difference in both of those links is one has an intake shield, the other doesn't.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
^^ this x10. My first intake was an eBay and due to not having proper mounting tabs, engine vibration eventually rubbed a hole in the tube. Spend the extra money and get a quality part.

·
Foolish-Pleasure
612 Posts
I have a question.. is there really a difference between CAI and sri besides noise and air temp? my car came with a sri k&n typhoon when I bought it. 2yrs ago

·
*Under Construction*
991 Posts
My first purchase for my car was injen ram air intake and injen catback. Both from andyautosport. No probs yet. I for one like injen and the sri. But thats just me

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Since I only keep cars on average of 2-3 years, I go cheap wherever I can. I learn to make things work that may not be perfectly engineered for a particular vehicle by boatloads of R&D and the added cost associated with it (along with the "name"). I put it back to stock when I'm done having fun with it, sell it and move on to something else. Just my personal experiences. Nothing right or wrong about having opinions. OP, do what you want. Good advise here from all parts of the spectrum. If you want to brag to your friends you have a brand name CAI, then go for it. If you want to tell them you have a CAI and leave it at that, then go for that then. It's your car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts