Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ugh: Alright I have already replaced both of them (1 on each door) when the car was under warranty, now that the car is out of warranty, the damn thing is falling off AGAIN :bash: :ugh: :chair:

Anyone else had problems with door reflectors? I am going to take some crazy glue or super glue or something and just super glue the bitch back on. Why do these things keep falling out I've never heard of anyone else having these problems?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't have any door reflectors (2000 RS), but I would surely super glue them on, just to make sure the bitches don't go anywhere.

·
Pissed
1,387 Posts
My experience has always been that plastics and Krazy Glue don't go too well together. I'd use a 2 part epoxy (the kind you get in the double syringe) and hold it down with some duct tape until it's dry. A hot glue gun would probably do the trick as well.

·
Pissed
1,387 Posts
Inside the door, about midway down toward the rear, there's a red reflector. It's there so that if your door is open at night and some drunk driver is barreling toward your car, he'll see a tiny red light shining back at him just before he takes your door out. :twothumb: It's possible that not all Eclipse trim styles have this reflector. :dunno:

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
zakmartin said:
Inside the door, about midway down toward the rear, there's a red reflector. It's there so that if your door is open at night and some drunk driver is barreling toward your car, he'll see a tiny red light shining back at him just before he takes your door out. :twothumb: It's possible that not all Eclipse trim styles have this reflector. :dunno:
:agreed: thats what he is talking about and i've had trouble with mine too. me and nvmy03gt both have 03's not sure if its in the earlier models?

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
zakmartin said:
My experience has always been that plastics and Krazy Glue don't go too well together. I'd use a 2 part epoxy (the kind you get in the double syringe) and hold it down with some duct tape until it's dry. A hot glue gun would probably do the trick as well.

I was just going to put some Elmers Super Glue on it, no Krazy Glue or anything like that.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thecrow1414 said:
:agreed: thats what he is talking about and i've had trouble with mine too. me and nvmy03gt both have 03's not sure if its in the earlier models?

:agreed: I think it has to do with the door expanding when its hot etc. only thing I can think of :dunno:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bitter said:
try clear silicone adhesive or "Automotive GOOP" either will stand up to the expansion and contraction of the door from heat.
Can you pick that up at AutoZone or? Also how much does it cost?

·
54,462 Posts
yes or any hardware store. it comes in a squeeze tube for a couple bucks, the GOOP stuff is harder to find. the clear silicone will work just fine, wash the surface of both with vinegar water 1st. clear silicone is also called aquarium sealant.

you may want to lightly sand both surfaces with some 2000 grit sand paper if either are very smooth, it will help get a stronger bond. you dont need to use alot, just a dab in the middle and press it down firmly and hold it there with something for a while. tape it inplace while it dries or something. it takes 24 hours to full cure, but i'll keep it stuck firmly in a couple.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
zakmartin said:
Elmer's Pro-Bond is good stuff. takes a while to set, but it bonds just about anything you can think of. I believe you can get it at Home Depot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
n00bs the reflectors only come when you got a black interior. i got em. and yes they fall off like shit. i just super glue them and they are fine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts