Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's a long story but I'll get to the point and ask a simple question, if the wiring in my passenger door is unhooked, will that cause the switches on my driver door to not work? (Power windows and locks) The previous owner had lambo doors put on. When they modified the wires, they ran them through the fenders right between the fenders and the bracket for the lambo doors. The wires had been severed by opening the doors outward instead of upward. Nothing in the doors except the passenger mirror worked when I got the car. I rebuilt the harness for the driver door, none of the switches work, but the power mirror works on that side now. If I rebuilt the harness for the passenger door, will they all work? When I pulled the old harness out of the driver's side, some of the wires had burned when they were cut, so I'm afraid they may be burned further up into the wiring. If anyone knows whether or not having the passenger side not working would cause them all not to work, please let me know. If so, I'll rebuild the passenger door harness. If it doesn't have anything to do with the driver's side not working, then I have more problems. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Not sure if passenger side would affect driver side I'm sure someone else will chime in tho. Have you checked the fuses? Open the drivers door. See the little panel on the side of the dash? Pop it open from the bottom then Check all those fuses And compare to the backside of the panel. Everything is labeled on the backside of that panel. If any are burned or have the lil metal connector popped replace them. What all doesn't have power?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The power locks and windows are not working. I had an old Dodge that had the connector fall out of the passenger door panel and none of the switches worked, once I plugged it back in, they all worked. So I don't know if both sides have to be connected to complete a circuit... I'll check the fuses too, I forgot about that lol they could've been blown when the wires were cut.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. Well let me know if it was the fuse or not. If its not the fuse then its pretty much narrowed down to the other side. Might as well rewire the other side anyway. The front left and right fenders at easy to take off if you want better access to those spots BTW. It has the four or five bolts under the hood and 1 inside the door facing and another 1 or 2 at the underside of the car behind the tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fuses are all good... Since the wires were severed anyway, I just pulled them out without having to remove the fenders. I'd like to find out if it would work before going through all of the trouble or rewiring lol. Maybe someone could go out to their car and unplug the passenger door wires and see if the driver door still works lol

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I went out and unplugged mine today.. I wouldn't have but my motor for my window went out. Wohoo what luck. So I was thinking of your problem and tried it for you and, the driver door still worked with the passenger side unplugged.hope this helps. I would trace it all the way back and redo the wiring. If you know that your motors in the windows are even working that is... do it once, do it right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts