Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Eclipse GT 3.0L and I can't get a tube down to the gas tank to siphon the gas out. Is there any way to drain the tank without dropping it or taking out the back seat? I just got it and didn't realize that it needed premium fuel and filled it up with regular. Can I just use this tank and then run premium in it? Or will the regular hurt the engine?
thanks

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
yeah, the only reason that you should ever need to take the gas out would be if you filled it with diesel. you will get a little worse mileage out of a tank of regular, but it will still work.

the mystery oil is mainly for after there is already a issue like blow-by-- if you're not burning oil, there is no reason to use it. the seafoam won't hurt, though don't expect it to make them spotless-- if you're having issues, it might be a better to replace the injectors.

also-- the timing belt needs to be changed every 60k miles, so if you don't know when it was done, or you know, but it is approaching one of the milestones, it's something to start seriously thinking about. while you're at it, replace the water pump and timing belt components as well-- it will cost a little more, but they are all in the same place(exact same labor/parts removal required), so it would save money over having to take the motor to replace those parts later if they were to fail just after the timing belt change.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
yeah, the only reason that you should ever need to take the gas out would be if you filled it with diesel.
Fortunately for the light headed ones out there, the outer diameter of the diesel fuel fill nozzles are larger, preventing most from making that mistake. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts