Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. I know almost nothing about cars, but I'm willing to learn! (Excuse me for not knowing correct terminology..)

My driver side door lock will not lock. The lock button inside will not lock it. I can't turn the key left on the door, it feels jammed. I can turn it right to unlock, however. I can't push the lock on the door handle either. It is stuck in the unlocked position.

Everything about the passenger side door lock is fine. I can lock and unlock the passenger door with the driver door button.

Any help would be awesome.

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
You would need to take the door panel off and make sure the actuator is working correctly. If you can't handle this task, I suggest taking it to a mechanic. It's not rocket science, but you can easily break glass, clips, and connectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I'm able to check the actuator and its working, what should I do then? Also, if it isn't working, do I replace the whole motor?

I won't be able to work on the car until Monday, but I want to be prepared when I'm able to.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You wont really know what you need until you get the door panel off and inspect the system. Could be as simple as a linkage falling off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts