Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i've had this issue for a while and its getting old .. every time i hit unlock (via remote or from inside car) the drivers side makes a loud clicking noise that last maybe a second or 2 ..

for starters ..
2000 eclipse GS, sportronic, ~195k miles

this is a bit hard to explain w/o pictures so bear with me...
i've taken the door apart and removed the locking mechanism to find that when it unlocks there is a part that moves into place against a plastic piece that stops it from going further.. that plastic piece has worn down so the motor or whatever thats in there thinks it can go farther & tries to do so, but gets stopped. in trying to push the piece farther & getting stopped it makes this clicking noise.. previously i tried putting something up against the plastic piece so it would stop the lock at the right place.. that worked for a couple months, but the issue has resurfaced..

if your unfamiliar with what im talking about, you probably wont understand from my description.. but im hoping someone out there has dealt w/ & found a fix for this issue.

(also i know this isnt specific to this model as i've ran into someone who had a different make of care w/ the same issue)

thanks in advance for any help

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Well it sounds like you found the problem already! What exactly are you asking for? Just replace the worn down piece.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts