Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just replaced the timing set and when I hooked the battery back up the drivers power window won't roll down. It worked fine prior and all the other windows roll up/down from the master switch. The switch does make a clicking sound when holding it down in the "Up" position but does nothing when holding it down. Any ideas? It would just be a heck of a coincidence if the switch or power window motor went bad. Thanks for your help, and if I missed a prior post regarding this I apologize.

·
Spring King
4,967 Posts
I've had coincidences like that happen, so you never know.

I'd suggest getting the panel off, grabbing a multimeter, and seeing what's up. See if you're getting power to the switch, out of the switch, to the motor, etc. Shouldn't take long to see what's going on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a problem like this with our Civic. There was an internal break in one of the wires that pass from the inside of the car to the door. The wire flexes every time you open and close the door. Eventually the copper strands broke, but it looked good from the outside.

I ruled out the switch by using a multitester. Then I found that the motor ran up and down fine when connected directly to a 12V source. Eventually I found that if I wiggled the wire bundle just right, the motor would run. I had to pull half the car apart to replace that wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts