Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im getting a little squirly here and it came to me. My car is going to be an all out track car soooooooooooo. Ive got the Brembo's, Ive the the Recaro driving seat, Ive got the tranny cooler, Ive got the ultra light track wheels with super sticky rubbers, Ive foamed the rear subframe so what next right? Well let build a dry sump for the car!!! Ive been searching on the evo forums to see if any of those cars has installed one yet. I cant find anything. So anyone know where I can get some info on one already built or am I doing this completely blind?

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
it sounds like you have nothing for all out track, you need to focus on many mored things before you do a dry sump.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
What about a baffled pan for a 1/2G or Evo? I'd imagine that would fit. A hell of alot easier than installing a dry sump setup for that car.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
So, is this one (at the top) better than going to the dealership and getting an actual OEM part?

Mitsubishi
I trust the oem design more, so tahts why I went with it. Its hard to say if one is 'better' than the other.

YOu can get all the stuff you need new from the dealer for about $150

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I trust the oem design more, so tahts why I went with it. Its hard to say if one is 'better' than the other.

YOu can get all the stuff you need new from the dealer for about $150
when I called the dealer, then quoted me $189 for the oil pan only, and said it would come with the windage tray, and I couldn't get it separately

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
Well by that statement you could be in trouble. The Evo's suffer a lot from starvation, that is what initiated my search.
I know of several people that road race their evos (stock, 2.3, and 2.4s) and non of them have ever mentioned an issue with this.

WHere did you hear/read about this?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts