Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
GS-Turbooo
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dual ECU - new diagrams

I hope this helps you guys out. I know I've been missing for a while but here is the wire-diagram I've created for the dual ECU set up. Let me know if you see any errors.

Remember, there are 3 tabs of excel sheets in that file. The more interesting pages are #2 and #3...

Here it is. right-click and save-as.
http://sites.google.com/site/cloudinc00/files/MYECU.zip

This wiring diagram is good for dual ecus (in this case, sporty RS or GS with EVO 8 ECU). If anybody else wants to host it, please feel free - I got the info from here by johnsgalant and just put it in a more understandable format. Print it on legal sized paper and go at it. Page 1 isn't in a friendly printable format - sorry. That was more of a draft page.

Let me explain the first page with the "labels" column - With the wire harness for the eclipse and evo on hand, I simple used those tiny wire markers you can buy at radio-shack to label the wires. As I cut them and paired them accordingly, I checked off one of the 3 check boxes. I then solder them and double check them and check off the rest of the check boxes accordingly. It's just a way to stay organized. Wow, I used "check/checked" a lot in that paragraph.

·
GS-Turbooo
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On page #2, with the EVO ECU diagram, the bold numbers are FROM the stock harness pin #.
On page #3, with the 3g ECU diagram, the bold numbers are TO the EVO ECU pin #.

Just trying to make it as clear as possible to save people the $300+ it costs to get boomslang to make one.

·
GS-Turbooo
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the plastic connectors (both male/female for the ECU)? I wish they made ECU harness extenders (male and female ends) for AT RS/GS 3gs. I have one for my EVO8 ECU but that doesn't do me any good (Except the connectors on the ECU side) haha.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
check boomslang.us i think they can provide the connectors you need. they can build harnesses so im guessing they can sell just the connectors.

·
GS-Turbooo
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The plan was to buy a female connector for the 3g and male ends for both 3g and EVO so I could make my own outside of the car... but they cost about as much as buying the pre-made custom harnesses!

I'm just going to hack my EVO ECU connectors and 3g stock harness... It finally goes in Saturday.

·
Registered
179 Posts
what size injectors you using??

you have to change the maf scaling,injector,latency and so on...i can send you my rom if you want,im using 450's blue top,it can help you out with a good start

1 - 20 of 51 Posts