Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
401 - 420 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
Do you still plan on putting up a how-to about the steering wheel swap?

well, I thought the pictures would say enough.
but if you need to know something, please ask.

here is the list of needed stuff (the stuff I bought)

- steering wheel (with controls)(new type outlander, lancer, ASX, L-200)
- airbag (here are 2 differences, 1 and 2 airbag sensor wiring)
- clockspring (here are 2 differences in I noticed, for 1 and 2 airbag sensors)
- the 2 little connectors which go in the clockspring (these are hard to find!!)

now depending on the controls you have/want.
If you have the audio controls, you need the following.

- steering wheel interface for your brand headunit. (just google it)

If you have cruise controls, (I don't know if it works on the OEM cruise control, cause I don't have it)
You can get a "gold automotive" cruise control system working on the controls. (maybe some other brands, but you need a cruise control which works on pulse buttons)

Than you need to open up the cruise controls on the steering wheel and change the resistors on the plate to the ones needed for the cruise control ECU. (every button gives a diffrent amount of ampere through)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
Well finally got some time again.

I picked up my dash (wrapped in leather), I hope to put in in next weekend.
I also got busy with my subwoofer boxing in the trunk. It starts to get anywhere.

·
Registered
791 Posts
LOL -- it's adorable, but I sorta wanted to see more pics of your interior -- how your outlander steering wheel is working, etc. When I drive my eclipse I regret not having steering wheel controls -- the paddles aren't a big deal since I'm too lazy to shift anyways. I've subscribed to this thread though - love checking out your progress!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
LOL -- it's adorable, but I sorta wanted to see more pics of your interior -- how your outlander steering wheel is working, etc. When I drive my eclipse I regret not having steering wheel controls -- the paddles aren't a big deal since I'm too lazy to shift anyways. I've subscribed to this thread though - love checking out your progress!
Yeah well I wish I had everything done yet so I can drive it again.
You can see the steering wheel working on the video's on this page or the one before

·
Registered
207 Posts
I always get inspired to do things to a particular model car when I read on forums about the car, and view others' build/project threads. I was sad seeing it only had 7 pages, knowing somewhere along the line you stopped posting, but I didn't think it'd be so soon into your build! :( Please show us more! Sexy freaking car man! Vom ein deutches 3g owner.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #420 ·
Yesterday i finally had soms time to do samenhang against after almost 2 years. I put back in the interior.
Will wash the car this week, so i can post some up To Date pictures

401 - 420 of 456 Posts