Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
Need some help if you can I drive a V6 5sp....and got Neffarious turbo kit.
Got everything installed and started her up.
It idled fine, so I decided to take her for a quick drive, started to stumble and run VERY VERY rich. I got her home and started to truble shoot.

Tryed to connect my laptop to the e-manage and got a connection error...so I sent the e-manage to Russ to put his base tune on it..

Pulled the plugs and they were fouled so I replaced them.

Tryed to start her up today after doing the plugs and hooking up the e-manage. She wont idle at all :bash: get on the gas a bit and she still stumbles :scream: ....not running rich though..

So I am thinking that I maby wired the e-manage wrong????????? I based my wiring off of the "E-Manage" thread Here ..and the wiring for the s-afc that I had hooked up.

I wired my #5 injector under #2 ...and #6 under #3 on the main harness. And on the ecu side, injector 5 on pin 10 ,injector 6 on pin 25. Is that correct??. I sodered all of my conections. I have a support tool on the way( I was using a cable from "comp-usa" and it was not connecting.
I ordered the support tool so I can connect to the e-manage and see whats going on error wise (the red led is blinking)

Any other ideas???? And do I have my #5,6 injector's wired corectily on the main harness,and the ecu?

Thanks in advance for your time and help :twothumb: And sorry about the babble I'm just at a loss.....?????

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
Marshall, is your e-manage light blinking at all? That will tell you if something is wired improperly. You have to read the blinks to get the error code, the support tool doesn't give error codes.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.greddy.com/tech/EMANAGE.PDF
http://www.greddy.com/tech/EMANAGE_SUPPORTTOOL.PDF

We are going to work on fixing the timing issue on my car tonight once and for all. I'll let you all know what we come up with.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tearstone said:
Marshall, is your e-manage light blinking at all? That will tell you if something is wired improperly. You have to read the blinks to get the error code, the support tool doesn't give error codes.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.greddy.com/tech/EMANAGE.PDF
http://www.greddy.com/tech/EMANAGE_SUPPORTTOOL.PDF

We are going to work on fixing the timing issue on my car tonight once and for all. I'll let you all know what we come up with.
Yes, the red led is blinking...I'll take a look at those links then go to the shop tomorrow and see what I can come up with.....very frustrated right now :bash: :bash: :scream: not the best time to work on cars..
Thanks guys :twothumb: and if there is any other ideas please keep them comming!!!

What about the injector wiring is that correct??

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
MARSHALL said:
Yes, the red led is blinking...I'll take a look at those links then go to the shop tomorrow and see what I can come up with.....very frustrated right now :bash: :bash: :scream: not the best time to work on cars..
Thanks guys :twothumb: and if there is any other ideas please keep them comming!!!

What about the injector wiring is that correct??
Woah woah woah. I just checked the link you used to wire in your e-manage. Why did you use the 4cylinder wiring diagrams?! Do you have a 4 banger? This is the wiring diagram we are working off of for the V6:

The dipswith setting is 5,8,4

5 stands for 6cyl Distributor.
8,4 is MKII Karmon Vortex

Read the pins left to right, top to bottom. Consider the far left plug A, the next B and so on. All pins are from the wire side of the connector. The clip side is the top. Remember that even empty pins count.

Please do not make a post that the FSM does not state A,B,C,D. The FSM numbering is oddball. A is 1-35. B is 40-66. C is 71-98. D is 101-130. (This is for a A/T ECU) This factory numbering is easier to lose count so I renumbered my schematics for ease of use.

INJ 1...........................A1 YEL/BLU
INJ2............................A9 YEL/RED
INJ3............................A24 YEL/BLK
INJ4............................A2 GRN/YEL
INJ5............................A10 GRN/RED
INJ6............................A25 LT GRN
INJ GRND....................B6 M/T B2 A/T BLK
DISTRIBUTOR(t)..........A11 BLU/BLK
TPS.............................C8 YEL
AIRFLOW....................B21 M/T B25 A/T WHT/GRN
RPM............................B3 M/T B5 A/T WHT
GROUND.....................B18 M/T B8 A/T BLK
12V.............................C29 M/T C28 A/T BLK/WHT

The pinouts for A/T are the same for Sportronic or Non.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tearstone said:
Woah woah woah. I just checked the link you used to wire in your e-manage. Why did you use the 4cylinder wiring diagrams?! Do you have a 4 banger? This is the wiring diagram we are working off of for the V6:

Read the pins left to right, top to bottom. Consider the far left plug A, the next B and so on. All pins are from the wire side of the connector. The clip side is the top. Remember that even empty pins count.

Please do not make a post that the FSM does not state A,B,C,D. The FSM numbering is oddball. A is 1-35. B is 40-66. C is 71-98. D is 101-130. (This is for a A/T ECU) This factory numbering is easier to lose count so I renumbered my schematics for ease of use.

lol The one you stated is the one that I used saw it on .org .....just used that link as a "base"

Thanks for the links by the way

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
Tearstone said:

Tearstone, are those also the pinouts for the 5spd? I see that its says A/T ECU twice in the description

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Running...Kind of???

Ok guys,
Worked on the e-manage today...Did away with the ignition harness
Had a air error and injector #6 error
So reconected those and started the car.....NO errors :fever:
Car idle's good around 6-700......However I have a missfire SES it is p1400??
And the car is deffinatily missing :bash: ???????Any ideas there????
Also have a few emmision codes I forget exactilly what it is.
Any ideas would again be greatly appricated :twothumb:

I'm soooooo close but soooooo far away :scream:

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
MARSHALL said:
Ok guys,
Worked on the e-manage today...Did away with the ignition harness
Had a air error and injector #6 error
So reconected those and started the car.....NO errors :fever:
Car idle's good around 6-700......However I have a missfire SES it is p1400??
And the car is deffinatily missing :bash: ???????Any ideas there????
Also have a few emmision codes I forget exactilly what it is.
Any ideas would again be greatly appricated :twothumb:

I'm soooooo close but soooooo far away :scream:
1400, is that random multiple misfire?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think so..... did not specify...looked Here
and its not a missfire code????
Have brandnew Zex plugs, I made sure that all wires were pushed down...doubble and tripple checked EVERYTHING....could it be a coil???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TrevMill said:
Cool, another boosted guy from SC.
Ya cant wait to get the missfire issue worked out...so I'm only kind of boosted right now.

Just went over everything and I'm still stumped.....So if there is any input please let me know. Going to get the codes read again tomorrow and write them down this time :bash: Other than that I dont know I guess pull the plenium off again..check the distrubitor and roter, pull the plugs again......
If that does not help off to the shop i guess :ugh:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
I was getting a ton of misfires and pulled my plugs tonight. FOULED up the waazooo. Replaced them and my misfires went away.

Tomorrow night I tackle the timing issue once and for all now that things are running decently.

For 5spd v6 I should have the answer one way or another.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts