Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know an easy way to delete (aka deprogram/un-program/remove) a key-less entry key fob remote from a 2001 eclipse? I don't have extra key-fobs, so I can't just over-program it from the car.

For those nosy individuals: While out of town, I lost my 2000 eclipse's key fob (gulf of mexico issue). I had my spare keyfob with me, but it didn't work... so I had it reprogrammed while I was still out of town. When I got back home and pressed the lock button... bada bing... my 01 spyder locked too! Whoops (damn things all look the same :rolleyes:)!!! Anyway, my 01 spyder has a Clifford, so I don't need it's oem key fob... so I'd much rather just deprogram it from my 01 so I don't have to buy a new one for the 2000.

Thanks all you guru's!

·
DipSyndicate.com
256 Posts
Couldn't you just unplug the battery from the '01 so it won't respond while you reprogram the fob for the 2000? When I bought my '03 (used) it did not have a fob included at all, so I bought one and did the add a fob procedure. Of course mine was new, but I have never heard of an unlearn process, I figured it would overwrite the previous...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick,

I wish it were that simple, but it's not. It's the car that gets programmed... not the key fob. So all other cars programmed to that key fob will still work with it regardless if the car is powered or not (or 1000 miles away in my case). I've got to "unlearn" my 01. I've heard of a lock/unlock button combo during programming will delete a remote from a car, but I can't find any info on it. I'm hoping someone here has stumbled across what I must do.
:lightfire:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Primula,

Nope, car has non-volatile memory (like a camera card).

I experimented today by putting the 01 in program mode and pushing various combo's of lock & unlock as well as just doing nothing. I thought I had it licked until I realized my remote battery had died from all the use. Put another 3V in it and dang... it still operates both cars at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts