1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I have option 1, with the muffler cut off, and a flowmaster welded on. I'm not sure which model it is, but its like a 12" X12" muffler... approx.

Anyway, it rocks. Fitment was great. The hangers didn't align, but the important part (the bends) were great! Sound is unbelievable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
question concerning ebay exhaust

I have a question since it concerns mufflers bought off e-bay I searched and searched the forums and never found what I was looking for I would like to know if anybody has an constructive opinion on OBX mufflers I was going to buy the Evo 2 style OBX muffler off e-bay but I hesitate because I wonder if it would sound too ricey I have a 2000 GT v6 with nothing but AEM short ram intake my car is Fed spec I'm almost positive if anybody has any personal experience with them your input would be greatly appreciated.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
I have option 1, with the muffler cut off, and a flowmaster welded on. I'm not sure which model it is, but its like a 12" X12" muffler... approx.

Anyway, it rocks. Fitment was great. The hangers didn't align, but the important part (the bends) were great! Sound is unbelievable.
You have option 1 on your Strat? What did you need to do to it exactly to get it to fit?

I have a question since it concerns mufflers bought off e-bay I searched and searched the forums and never found what I was looking for I would like to know if anybody has an constructive opinion on OBX mufflers I was going to buy the Evo 2 style OBX muffler off e-bay but I hesitate because I wonder if it would sound too ricey I have a 2000 GT v6 with nothing but AEM short ram intake my car is Fed spec I'm almost positive if anybody has any personal experience with them your input would be greatly appreciated.
It wont sound ricey if your going to just replace the stock muffler with this since you still have your resonators.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you for the input that did give me a ltl hope for OBX's Evo style also before someone else mentions it I know it won't sound exactly like the Greddy Evo 2 simply b/c it's not a catback and it's not Greddy but I have heard elsewhere that it is similar in tone.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
all you have to do is relocate some hangers and that's all shouldn't be moree the 50 bucks at a muffler shop
Actually found out you have to add 12 inches to the piping. Threads a month old and Ive decided to go with a Borla system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts