Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at HID kits for my startus on ebay and I've seen them range from $49.99 to about $149.99. Is there a big quality difference to go along with the price gap? Also, remember, I have a stratus so no projectors, will I be blinding people or will it be fine it they are aimed correctly?

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Don't get Ebay crap. If you really want a lot of info regarding glare, what is good, what isn't good and all the misconceptions there are about HIDs go to HIDplanet.com for really good advice. Basically to sum it all up, if you are going to go HID on a non-HID car, a retrofit using parts from cars that have HID OEM is the correct way to do it.

But, if you still want to go with a plug and play kit, Welcome to LightWerkz.net that company has a very good reputation in the Subaru and Nissan community with HID kits, upgrades and custom work. His HID kits start at $200 shipped and have a lifetime warranty, which is a lot more than any Ebay dealer slinging crap can offer.

·
Addicted
94 Posts
Don't get Ebay crap. If you really want a lot of info regarding glare, what is good, what isn't good and all the misconceptions there are about HIDs go to HIDplanet.com for really good advice. Basically to sum it all up, if you are going to go HID on a non-HID car, a retrofit using parts from cars that have HID OEM is the correct way to do it.

But, if you still want to go with a plug and play kit, Welcome to LightWerkz.net that company has a very good reputation in the Subaru and Nissan community with HID kits, upgrades and custom work. His HID kits start at $200 shipped and have a lifetime warranty, which is a lot more than any Ebay dealer slinging crap can offer.
We can't retrofit the 2.5g, seeing as no one has been able to get the headlights open.

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
People have tried and tried to get the headlights open for some time on the 2.5g, but with no success, they either gave up or cracked a lense, they started using s different kind of glue that doesn't heat up very well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Absolu1e, check out an ebay seller flashplus. The kits he sells are from mydepots.com and I can say they are really good HID kits. I purchased 4300k H1 for my eclipse(i have sonar projectors) for $80 shipped. I've had them for about 5 months already and no problems. The kits come with a 14 months warranty and are completely waterproof. Since you do not have projectors I suggest getting 6000k so you don't blind other drivers.

·
Bringing sexy back
4,644 Posts
Absolu1e, check out an ebay seller flashplus. The kits he sells are from mydepots.com and I can say they are really good HID kits. I purchased 4300k H1 for my eclipse(i have sonar projectors) for $80 shipped. I've had them for about 5 months already and no problems. The kits come with a 14 months warranty and are completely waterproof. Since you do not have projectors I suggest getting 6000k so you don't blind other drivers.

Great info, not. Him getting 6k isn't going to keep him from blinding people. Putting HID in a reflective housing for halogen is retarded.

Using ur logic, you might as well tell him to use 14k because that apparently doesn't blind people and will be purple so the cops will surely take notice.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What I was saying, Clipzin33, was that 4300k in a non-projector housing would definately blind people so 6000k and up would be the only way to go. Also, 6000k is not blinding at all unless you look directly at it for an hour. The guy asked where he can get HID kits for cheap so I replied, if your going to talk shit dont say anything at all.

·
Bringing sexy back
4,644 Posts
Its not talking shit, it's the truth. Your logic makes no sense, if 4300 blinds you guess what, 6000 is going to blind you too. As stayed retrofits are the only legit way to do things.

I have 6000 in my depos and they blind people so know what your talking about by experience, not calling me out.

Honestly, can you really explain to me how 4300 blinds, but 6000 doesn't I want to hear this before other members chime in telling me your wrong because they have HID as well.

·
Anastacia HOE!!!!
4,507 Posts
Only way that blinding happens is if your lights are aimed too high or your glare is outrageous, reguardless if they are in projectors or not. And if you stare directly at ANY light for X amount of time its gonna blind you. 43k will blind and 6k wont is silly i mean really.

·
Bringing sexy back
4,644 Posts
Only way that blinding happens is if your lights are aimed too high or your glare is outrageous, reguardless if they are in projectors or not. And if you stare directly at ANY light for X amount of time its gonna blind you. 43k will blind and 6k wont is silly i mean really.
Thank you at least someone noticed the retardedness. I still say factory chrome housing with an HID is retarded, where a projector at least controls the light a little more.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Thank you at least someone noticed the retardedness. I still say factory chrome housing with an HID is retarded, where a projector at least controls the light a little more.
Actually, the projectors can hurt your eyes more if you stare into them, compared to the regular housing. The EBAY HIDs just throw light out everywhere, with them aimed down towards the ground they are just slightly brighter than any Sylvainias you will find...

I mean honestly, it's no different than some jackass in a lifted F150 riding your ass shining his stock lights directly into all rearview mirrors and blinding right into your eyes.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Did you just say Silverstars are as bright as HID's???

Your joking right.
No, the HIDs illuminate much more, but the focused light is honestly about the same, the HIDs only blind you a slight bit more, because of how much light is being thrown around, where-as compared to the sylvainias its more focused in one spot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts