Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My e brake doesnt work and i tightended the cable but that wasnt the problem cause when i went to test the e brake i hear awesome metal to metal. ouch! not good. and i was talking to my buddie and he said that i had to replace the e brake pads. i thought that the rear pads were conected to the e brake as well. so my question is do i need to some how find these rear e brake pads or just replace my shitty rear brake pads?:confused::confused:

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
If you have rear rotors instead of drums, the rear brake rotors on this car are a little different than on other cars. There are calipers in the rear for breaking, and there is a drum set up in the rotor hat for the e-brake shoes. So yes your friend is right. There is a set of e-brake shoes for the rear. You can go to the dealership for parts or Parts.com - For every part of your life.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have rear rotors instead of drums, the rear brake rotors on this car are a little different than on other cars. There are calipers in the rear for breaking, and there is a drum set up in the rotor hat for the e-brake shoes. So yes your friend is right. There is a set of e-brake shoes for the rear. You can go to the dealership for parts or parts.com.

I drive a 01' GT and it came with stock discs. do i still need to try and find rear e brake pads?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so now the bigger question, Uh... where the hell do i find those. should i look for them at a dealer, junkyard...or what?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts