Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Eclipse.
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car 02 Gt Eclipse 35,000 miles Hers: 08 sonata ( parden my spelling)

so heres my story, im going down the interstate near my house heading home from the girlfriends at about 1230am which is a two lane road. Up ahead my friend and i see a truck that was on fire with fire trucks and men in the road. So i slow down to about 30mph passing by the accident. About 5 seconds later Bam i get hit instantly, me and my friend become unconsious my car was thrown about 1/4 mile down the road.
The lady in the car that was some time behind me had fallen asleep at the wheel going about 70 mph according to state police, she'd been asleep the whole way down the road. Alright back to the story, so about 5 seconds before the car came to stop i become concious. Next thing i remember is my friend who i assume woke up before i did was pushing me telling me not to fall back asleep and get out of the car. I stumble out of the car with my hand on my nech from the pain walking toward the fire trucks and lady. Next thing i know im sitting on the guard rail with fire men holding my nech telling me to hold on the stretcher is on the way and not to move. They put me on the stretcher and went to ambulance to the hospital with a sprained neck and concusion. My friend had wiplash and had cut his nose.
State police came up to me later that evening in the hospital and told me that that their wasnt skid marks on the road she didnt even slow down.. that shed been sleeping while driving, Completely her fault. My dad says i probably saved a fire mens life she could of hit one of them.

I'm NOT parting out anything im charging her for the headlights and tails. The intake and smoked corners and bypass valve are SOLD.

To me drinking and driving and falling asleep at the wheel are very similar i have no sympothy for this lady. For the people wondering how the lady is shes fine. but shes paying for my car, my injuries and lost wages. The car im going to end up with is a 06 Gt eclipse fully loaded.

Below I will post pictures of my car before and after the accident, then her stupid car. She hadnt even put her first payment on her car.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BITCHES CAR:

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
OUCH!!!!! Buy the car back and part it out.

·
Eclipse.
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
headlights are pealing... their crap. dude that motor someone should buy. ive had two 3gs im done lol. the tires are falken ziex 912 i dont have the money to part it out. not planning on it the insurance is paying for EVERYTHING including after market headlights

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
DAMN man, that makes my little run into seem like nothing happened, Glad you arent to hurt.

·
Eclipse.
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there giving me 13,000 i think for it thats not to bad. then they o me like 500 in other damages. i o 4500 in loans so that leaves me with 8500. im taking out another loan for 8000, ill find me a gt for like 17000, does the 4g handle as good as the 3g? is it def a uprgade? im doing a 4 year loan 190 a month. the car will have like 20,000miles on it around that area

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
airbag didn't go off?
Umm.. no. Not if you're REAR ended.

there giving me 13,000 i think for it thats not to bad. then they o me like 500 in other damages. i o 4500 in loans so that leaves me with 8500. im taking out another loan for 8000, ill find me a gt for like 17000, does the 4g handle as good as the 3g? is it def a uprgade? im doing a 4 year loan 190 a month. the car will have like 20,000miles on it around that area
Do NOT get a 4G. There are MUCH better cars on the market in the price range.

·
Registered
384 Posts
hey man thanks for clearing that up for me.

i wasn't aware that this was common knowledge. i was under the impression that when you are rear-ended your head still goes foward toward the steering wheel and the airbags still went off? i guess i was wrong.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this, although I am glad to hear that you and your friend walked away with minor injuries. I have often found myself falling asleep at the wheel on long drives at night, but when I start to feel it, I find the nearest rest stop and pull off.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
hey man thanks for clearing that up for me.

i wasn't aware that this was common knowledge. i was under the impression that when you are rear-ended your head still goes foward toward the steering wheel and the airbags still went off? i guess i was wrong.
You may want to re-read those chapters about intertia and on Newton's Law of Motion.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts