Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's already 10 yaers since first 3gent Mitsubishi Eclipse was shown to the public. I guess it was somewhere in Autumn 1999.

3G was designed and created at MRDA Design Studio by Sims Daniel.

All Started from Concept SST in 1998

First Sketches

Scale Models

Full Size Model

Clay Model

Ready Model

Later On Spyder SST appeared

Powered with 4G63T, Ready SST Concepts were shown to the Public on Jan 5th 1998 at NAIAS

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eclipse 3G was designed in the same Geomechanical direction as SST concepts, inspired by Era of Machinery themes.

First Sketches

Ready Model

The First 3G was shown to the Public in the second part of 1999, it was Silver on Chrome wheels and looks like lowered )

A bit later Spyder appeared

Mitsubishi Design Studio also worked out a "Super Eclipse" project, maybe supposed to be a Ralliart Version, but it never saw a production light.

But looks lige exterior part of design idea of "Super Eclipse" was stolen by Shine Street )

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Really cool info! Thanks!

On a side note, that concept had an ugly-ass rear end and spoiler that made it look like a mid/rear engine car. Cool headlights though!

·
passport applied for
2,437 Posts
man we got lucky,the rear on the clay and ready models is way ugly. thanks for this info!a+

·
BoostN4G63T
451 Posts
interesting

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Gotta know your history! Thanks for posting. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I like the way the concept looked other than some things about the rear end, the middle exhaust exit inparticular. I like the spoiler they put on the "super eclipse" concept though alot. I also noticed the headlights on the orange SST spyder look strikingly like depos..
I never knew any of this.. Thanks for posting!

·
Shut up.
3,700 Posts
Nice, I like the center console a lot on the interior with the purple in it. Both cup holders are usable with the armrest down lol

1 - 20 of 48 Posts