Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my girlfriend has a 2007 mitsubishi eclipse that is giving her major problems.

sometimes it will just die going down the highway and not start back up for 10 minutes.

sometimes she needs to keep the gas pedal pressed down and keep the idle above 2000 RPM or it will die.

sometimes it runs great!!

took it to a mitsubishi dealership and they couldnt figure it out (like wtf??) and said it runs fine.

I am personally thinking its the fuel pump.

has anyone ever heard of this before or have any suggestions?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
im having similar issues but lemme post my thread in here.

"I have 3 codes running I know what all three are for, to mention I did just break an 02 sensor hitting a curb but I have had this issue since I bought the car a year ago.
p0157 cyl 2, 3 heated oxygen sensor(rear) Low Voltage
p0037 cyl 1, 4 heated oxygen sensor Heater (rear) Control Circuit Low
p0102 Mass Air Flow Circuit low input

Any suggestion on what to replace, what to check. Any one have a fix? When I reset the codes they usually come right back as I start the car.

Just recently I found out that the cats are cut out and the top two o2 sensors have what someone called "Foolers" on them. When I went on Ebay or Google turns out they are called spacers. "

·
Registered
4 Posts
Someone recently suggested that it may be the fuel pump. I just started working at a shop and both mechanics really have no idea they are kind of just like it may be this but that might not fix it.

Some days it runs fine other times ill be going 60 and itll just start to stop reacting to the gas pedal until I slow down all the way and it turns off. Then itll turn off but and start but die immediately several times before running again. Then its all sluggish and when it gets to 4k rpms basically taps out like Im supposed to shift or something but its auto.

·
31,367 Posts
IAC... Idle Air Control?.... If it was a fuel pump you would either have fuel or nothing, they don't show signs of dying like say a battery or wiper motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts