Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RS rocks!
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that we have to update that section cause some of the links are either have a broken link or pictures dont exist.. :wavey:

·
Red Beast
1,164 Posts
I noticed this too but I don't think there is much that someone can do to fix it. Maybe one can take pictures and replace them with the ones that don't show up anymore. Or make a new how-to of your own and have it stickied. That's all I can think of.

·
Fear my erep power
4,294,967,295 Posts
If you want to help, PM whoever posted the pics and ask them to fix dead links

Admins- Maybe you want to host the pics on the server from now on:dunno:.

·
RS rocks!
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to help, PM whoever posted the pics and ask them to fix dead links

:twothumb:

Yeah I did pm'ed some of them, but I guess they dont care, or they dont have time to reply to any msgs that i sent them. :(

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
I agree. That way everything would be more secure and organized. I hate trying to look at a how-to when the links to the pics are dead. Also I think it would stop noobs from posting new threads about the same topics since they could just follow the how-to with pics.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Great suggestion TE, I figured that's how they would've been done from the get-go. If you can't get whomever posted them, they're basically going to have to be rewritten. And yes, like said above it'd probably stop a few newbs from reposting shit that's already been done and laid out in great detail.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Club3G Hosting Pics for the Garage forum?

I didn't really know which forum to put this in so i just put it here.

But does anybody know what happened to the pictures from the how-to on removing your dash (http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14857). I am going to be doing that in a couple of days, so having the pictures would greatly help.
If anyone has them saved or knows how to put them back, that would be awesome. Thank ya much!

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I didn't really know which forum to put this in so i just put it here.

But does anybody know what happened to the pictures from the how-to on removing your dash (http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14857). I am going to be doing that in a couple of days, so having the pictures would greatly help.
If anyone has them saved or knows how to put them back, that would be awesome. Thank ya much!
The issue is that those images are always hosted on private hosts and websites, and when they're removed, the thread dies.

The solution would be to host all the "How-To" images on the Club3G server so that they remain with the site and centralized, and not with the thread originator. My suggestion - just follow the how-to WITHOUT the images (it's really not that hard), and take SEVERAL photos along the way of all the steps and re-create a new How-To with fresh images.

In the meantime, bring this up as an issue in the Forum/Suggestions section.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The solution would be to host all the "How-To" images on the Club3G server so that they remain with the site and centralized, and not with the thread originator. My suggestion - just follow the how-to WITHOUT the images (it's really not that hard), and take SEVERAL photos along the way of all the steps and re-create a new How-To with fresh images.
Ya that would be a good idea. I might try to take some pictures when i remove my old dash as i make way for my new professionally painted silver one :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts