Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, why are the arms that lift the hatch up so weak? (i searched)

Does anyone know where i can get some more powerful ones? Or increase the power of these?

·
roots
2,783 Posts
It might be that your GS didn't have the stock spoiler.

Get the hatch struts from the GT/GTS, - they're designed to hold the weight of the stock spoiler.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
^^^ He's saying get struts designed for a car that has those things - because those things make the rear hatch heavier, the struts designed for that model will be stronger.

They are just small struts, they are weak because they wear out like any other struts on any other car. Welcome to the world of a 7 year old car...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol thanks. I have a weird way of thinking. my 2000 eclipse doesn't seem seven years old to me. When i hear 2000 i think only a few years old. Same as if someone tells me their car is from 1989, i'm like oh, 11 years old. (btw my first car ever was a 1989 Oldsmobile Royale Brougham very comfortable).

Wow i just went off on a random tangent

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
According to advertising stats, the GS was supposed to come with the rear spoiler...it was only an option for those of us with an RS (mine came with it though)...and who knows, there's so much infor out there about our vehicles that's wrong, that could be too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts