Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 automatic 4 cylinder eclipse. What happened was I recently got out of work and I was in a hurry to get home so I shifted from park to drive and I stepped on the gas pretty fast and my car made a horrible noise and didn't go forward. I wasn't for sure if I was fully in drive when I stepped on the gas. It went backwards slightly but their was a side walk behind me so it stopped it. The car starts fine and sounds fine until I shift into drive and makes this thumping noise and won't move at all. When I put it back into park it makes this loud grinding noise for a second. I have no idea about cars but Friend said it might be the gear shifters or transmission. I didn't try much to see what was wrong because I was scared to make it worse. Please help!:( I've never had problems like this before with it. It always ran perfectly fine and I don't think it's the transmission fluid. And if possible how much would it cost to fix. I love my car. I just want to get it fixed as fast as possible

·
Registered
791 Posts
To change the axle you'll need some tools, hydraulic jack, jackstands, lugnut wrench, socket set, drain pain (for transmission fluid), breaker bar, large axle nut socket, etc... if you don't have tools then going to a local shop might be cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts