Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does ecuflash have the ability in any way to control boost if I have a boost control solenoid.

Also, is it possible to switch to an IAT sensor and MAP sensor with ecuflash?

My goal would be to have my car switched to IAT and MAP, with a boost control solenoid keeping boost at 8.5lbs in 1st, 14psi in 2-5. If this is possible with ecuflash it would be great.

·
GT35 DOHC 500wHp
533 Posts
It can control boost if you will switch to JDM3barMAP but i don't think anybody realized 2step boost with stock ecu.

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
Ecuflash isn't able to control anything
:agreed: there is some left over functions that can be used to activate things when you upgrade to the EVO ROM, but thats about it. Flash wrote extensively about it and answered a million questions about it too.

Still the EVO ROM gives you plenty of great functionality and options that you normally don't get in any other platform. I will say it again WE are FREAKING lucky to be able to do so many modifications, other platforms have just ignition, speed limit and rev limit. We are the envy! Still its not an aftermarket EMS system.

If budget is not an issue go with an aftermarket EMS or just stick with the constraints of the EVO ROM which are more than enough. There is people running the EVO ROM on GS turbo'd engines and it has worked beautifully.

·
Zero Resistance, LLC
1,948 Posts
The EVO ECU can be modified to control an after market boost solenoid as well as tons of other things. Ecuflash itself, does not control any of it. It just provides a user friendly way to edit roms.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well how would I go about making a rom image that can work with a boost solenoid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts