Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahh crap... Get in the car today and no EGT reading.. Hummm Check electronics all good get out look at the sensor.. Humm See the wire just hanging there not conected to the EGT sensor. Everything was zip tied so it didnt catch on anything.. Guess something flew around the motor on the freeway or it just fell apart.. I'm thinking Mitsu gremlins...lol

Anyone know a good place to pick up a replacement sensor? SO far best I can find is 85 bucks plus shipping.....

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
LKNANML said:
Ahh crap... Get in the car today and no EGT reading.. Hummm Check electronics all good get out look at the sensor.. Humm See the wire just hanging there not conected to the EGT sensor. Everything was zip tied so it didnt catch on anything.. Guess something flew around the motor on the freeway or it just fell apart.. I'm thinking Mitsu gremlins...lol

Anyone know a good place to pick up a replacement sensor? SO far best I can find is 85 bucks plus shipping.....
Are you 100% sure your sensor is messed up? $85 is pretty good for just the sensor.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have the sensor in one hand the the wire that goes into it in the other... Think that pretty much defines messed up... Cant really see a way to open the sensor up to reconnect the 2 wires.. but I am working on it..lol

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
LKNANML said:
Well I have the sensor in one hand the the wire that goes into it in the other... Think that pretty much defines messed up... Cant really see a way to open the sensor up to reconnect the 2 wires.. but I am working on it..lol
:doh: Sorry, misunderstood your post.

$85 is a good deal, the best I found for my Greddy EGT replacement was like $125 :(.

Assuming you run your EGT on the front manifold like most of us do, I recommend running that wire up to where the wiring for the fuel injectors run along the top of the engine. Since the engine torques back and forth a lot, it might have broken that way :dunno:

·
Not the Face!
6,616 Posts
All the egt probes are pretty much the same thing, just a K-thermocouple. Get the Greddy one if you can afford it though as I think the greddy bung doesn't match any of the others out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts