Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
whityclipse
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some issues with my lights lately and i thought maybe someone could give me some suggestions because i'm kind of stumped. When i lock or unlock my car, my lights used to blink. For about a week, the lights would go back and forth from doing that (sometimes they would blink, sometimes they wouldn't). And this seemed at random. Now when i unlock, i get nothing. This doesn't effect the actual alarm, just no response from the lights. Since then i have noticed that my right reverse light is out, as well as my license plate light. Break lights/turn signals/headlights all work fine. I checked all the fuses, not that. And the bulbs aren't blown. Thanks

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Have you tapped into the green w/ white stripe wire (parking/interior light trigger wire) for anything aftermarket like indiglo gauges, etc?

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
You think you've checked all the fuses, but you haven't. Unless you've modified the circuit in some way, you've blown a fuse. It's probably the one in the tail light relay circuit. Also, you're interior lights are on that circuit, so keep that in mind if you've added interior neons or LEDs. I don't have time to pull out the schematics, but if you still have this problem late this evening and your question hasn't been answered, I'll nail it down for you.

·
whityclipse
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing that makes me think it isn't a blown fuse, is that for a week the lights went back and forth between working and not working at random. i feel like if the fuse had blown it would stop working all together.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Replace dedicated fuse #9 in the underhood compartment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts