Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my 00 GT the other night, and the battery cut out a second into startup. Now the electronics have been a little messed up. It was very cold that night and I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the electronics in cold temperatures or what the problem could be.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Check the rubber on the positive terminal . For some wierd reason when its on top of the connecter my battery acts as if there is no energy. But yours might be different move the cables around a little see if any are loose or possibly coroded.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
You need to be a lot more specific...how are the electronics messed up? Have you had the battery checked?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Check the rubber on the positive terminal . For some wierd reason when its on top of the connecter my battery acts as if there is no energy. But yours might be different move the cables around a little see if any are loose or possibly coroded.
I'm currently building a distribution block to aleiviate this problem. if anyone wants to, I'll help them build one. only an idiot can screw it up.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I havnt seen any specific problems noted, but check the neutral saftey switch plug to make sure it has a good connection...and then move on to your ignition/electrical. mine is pretty picky if I dont have the clutch in all the way. the harness should be coming off the clutch pedal. its a start if anything else...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys, we got the battery operating again, i think it was that rubber on the positive terminal like Kai said, now everything is good except the keyless entry wont work and the stereo is displaying "CODE". i assume this is some sort of anti-theft mechanism. How do I retrieve this code, or do i take it to the dealer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts