Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to tune with the emanage tonight and I cannot keep the car from dying at idle. I have 310cc injectors so I have the 210/310 injector correction and nothing, I tried 210/370-410-440-480 and nothing the car just dies after like a min or so of rpm going up and down. when the rpms drop to like 500 the wideband reads lean like 18-20:1 and when it idles "ok" at 900ish rpm it reads 11-12:1 I have no idea what to do. the stft go from -10 to 10 the ltft stay at -12. What do you guys think?

Also, when I start the car the rpm needle jumps to like 5-6k rpm... it only happened a couple of times, WTF is that?

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
pacoslant said:
fuel pressure is like 36psi, system too rich codes (bank 1 and 2), I will zero out the emanage when I get back from work and no there are no error codes.
38psi is where your fuel pressure should be (shouldn't make too much of a difference though).

Too rich means that you are running your low throttle correction so rich that the ECU cannot compensate with it's own fuel trim adjustments.

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
where are you tapping your fuel press at? you have a pump? reg? fmu?

are your O2s all wired in? (all 4 if cali spec) if your o2s are jacked, you will get all kinds of wild crap.

what tune you running in the emanage? AAI pretune or custom? if its custom triple check the setups. check your wiring to the MAS that its not backwards. check the actual MAS readings and Load reading.

also, do you have timing control hooked up? you ever figure out on your car why the timing wasnt working?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TheFranchise said:
where are you tapping your fuel press at? you have a pump? reg? fmu?

are your O2s all wired in? (all 4 if cali spec) if your o2s are jacked, you will get all kinds of wild crap.

what tune you running in the emanage? AAI pretune or custom? if its custom triple check the setups. check your wiring to the MAS that its not backwards. check the actual MAS readings and Load reading.

also, do you have timing control hooked up? you ever figure out on your car why the timing wasnt working?

I have the Malpassi FPR, that's where the gauge is, all 4 o2 are wired in, I am running a custom tune right now, I am pretty sure the wiring is done right, all these problems started when I erased AAI's tune to start with mine (the idle was still bad with AAI's tune, not as bad though) I was hoping to fix it. The timing works fine.

I just drove the car to work and on the freeway it runs at a constant 14.3-15.0 afr, that's pretty much what it was with AAi's tune, but the idle OMG is so bad :confused: Once I get the car moving is drives fine, also when I decelerate in gear the AF is not 21:1 it goes from anywhere to 11:1 to 15:0 never the same though.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
pacoslant said:
I have the Malpassi FPR, that's where the gauge is, all 4 o2 are wired in, I am running a custom tune right now, I am pretty sure the wiring is done right, all these problems started when I erased AAI's tune to start with mine (the idle was still bad with AAI's tune, not as bad though) I was hoping to fix it. The timing works fine.

I just drove the car to work and on the freeway it runs at a constant 14.3-15.0 afr, that's pretty much what it was with AAi's tune, but the idle OMG is so bad :confused: Once I get the car moving is drives fine, also when I decelerate in gear the AF is not 21:1 it goes from anywhere to 11:1 to 15:0 never the same though.
The thing you have to concentrate on is the idle issue.

What method did you use to install your fuel pump?
Have you inspected for vacuum leaks after your throttle body? Any open hoses? Any noise? Plenum gaps? Broken intake gaskets?

Check your PCV that goes from your PCV valve to your lower intake plenum.

Do you have any injector leaks?

All of these things outside the scope of ECU could potentially create idle issues.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I am gonna check all that stuff when I get home. I installed the fuel pump using the instructions on the garage. A vacumm leak would show on the gauge, wouldn't it? I do get 20 of vacumm when it idles "ok". What about the o2s? When I first did the suck-though and I had the plumbing all wrong the car was running very very rich, black smoke was coming out and sputtering like crazy, I drove the car like this to the dyno. Could that have damaged the o2s?

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
pacoslant said:
I am gonna check all that stuff when I get home. I installed the fuel pump using the instructions on the garage. What about the o2s? When I first did the suck-though and I had the plumbing all wrong the car was running very very rich, black smoke was coming out and sputtering like crazy, could that have damaged the o2s?
I would not think so, our o2s are pretty hearty. Do you have a datalogger to see what the o2 voltage is running at?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
yeah the o2s usually read like .97-1.00 and then they drop to .14-.19, I did get a couple of weird o2 codes that time when I was driving to the dyno very rich, I cleared them and they never popped up again. I do notice that the rpms drop when the voltage drops on the o2s and the af goes up to like 17-19:1 too. During cruising the voltage goes up and down like they should.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
pacoslant said:
yeah the o2s usually read like .97-1.00 and then they drop to .14-.19, I did get a couple of weird o2 codes that time when I was driving to the dyno very rich, I cleared them and they never popped up again. I do notice that the rpms drop when the voltage drops on the o2s and the af goes up to like 17-19:1 too. During cruising the voltage goes up and down like they should.
I would check the physical attributes of your vacuum system before making any constly conclusions. Just focus on a possible mechanical mistake first.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tearstone said:
I would check the physical attributes of your vacuum system before making any constly conclusions. Just focus on a possible mechanical mistake first.
yeah I know what you mean, it's not like I want to buy the sensors either. I'll check all this stuff tonight also the resistance on the o2s. I do get 19-20in of vacumm when it idles good for while :confused:

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
pacoslant said:
yeah I know what you mean, it's not like I want to buy the sensors either. I'll check all this stuff tonight also the resistance on the o2s. I do get 19-20in of vacumm when it idles good for while :confused:
I'm not sure what that means, but ideal vacuum should be 500 mmHg.

We are snobby metric guys here, sorry :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts