Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the injector harness in the mail yesterday (alongside the pocketlogger), and I can seem to figure out how to hook this thing up. I've already soldered in all the wires from the original harness, now I just need to get the injector harness squared away. Is the harness supposed to splice into the injector's wires (like the air-flow wires)? It looks pretty useless to me since the stock harness is already spliced into ECU.

Either way, I can always use it in place of the ignition timing harness. :sam:

Thanks.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Read the pins left to right, top to bottom. Consider the far left plug A, the next B and so on. All pins are from the wire side of the connector. The clip side is the top. Remember that even empty pins count.

Please do not make a post that the FSM does not state A,B,C,D. The FSM numbering is oddball. A is 1-35. B is 40-66. C is 71-98. D is 101-130. (This is for a A/T ECU) This factory numbering is easier to lose count so I renumbered my schematics for ease of use.

INJ 1...........................A1 YEL/BLU
INJ2............................A9 YEL/RED
INJ3............................A24 YEL/BLK
INJ4............................A2 GRN/YEL
INJ5............................A10 GRN/RED
INJ6............................A25 LT GRN
INJ GRND....................B6 M/T B2 A/T BLK

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres the thing, I got all the wires from the original harness hooked up to the injectors (so far no problems). So where does the injector harness fit into this (on the emanage side)? So far it looks like its just extends the length of the original cable.

edit: Wait a second...does the original harness only have half the wires in it? Does it look like this?
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/e-manage_box_open.JPG

My harness came with both sets of wires (the right and the left). So I guess I got hooked up (bought it off Ebay used)?

NICE! Looks like I have an ignition harness now... :confused:

Tearstone said:
Read the pins left to right, top to bottom. Consider the far left plug A, the next B and so on. All pins are from the wire side of the connector. The clip side is the top. Remember that even empty pins count.

Please do not make a post that the FSM does not state A,B,C,D. The FSM numbering is oddball. A is 1-35. B is 40-66. C is 71-98. D is 101-130. (This is for a A/T ECU) This factory numbering is easier to lose count so I renumbered my schematics for ease of use.

INJ 1...........................A1 YEL/BLU
INJ2............................A9 YEL/RED
INJ3............................A24 YEL/BLK
INJ4............................A2 GRN/YEL
INJ5............................A10 GRN/RED
INJ6............................A25 LT GRN
INJ GRND....................B6 M/T B2 A/T BLK

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Jetblackness said:
Heres the thing, I got all the wires from the original harness hooked up to the injectors (so far no problems). So where does the injector harness fit into this (on the emanage side)? So far it looks like its just extends the length of the original cable.

edit: Wait a second...does the original harness only have half the wires in it? Does it look like this?
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/e-manage_box_open.JPG

My harness came with both sets of wires (the right and the left). So I guess I got hooked up (bought it off Ebay used)?

NICE! Looks like I have an ignition harness now... :confused:
When I bought my harness I had all the wires packed into connector #1. The timing only requires two wires in connector 2.

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
Tearstone said:
When I bought my harness I had all the wires packed into connector #1. The timing only requires two wires in connector 2.
you should get with donny and whoever else and do a diagram like Napalm did.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tearstone said:
Hmmm intresting, so you didnt need an injector harness either? Well I just payed $40 for an ignition harness. :twothumb: Its ok, I nearly spent money on a XS Power turbo. :eek:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Jetblackness said:
Hmmm intresting, so you didnt need an injector harness either? Well I just payed $40 for an ignition harness. :twothumb: Its ok, I nearly spent money on a XS Power turbo. :eek:
There are enough wires left over from your main plug for you to pull them out and insert them into the proper injector pin locations. However, the injector harness kit is nice because the instructions are color coded from GReddy and it's easy to get mixed up if your not using the actual wires from the injector harness kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts