Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all,
We are currently doing two engine builds for a stage 2&3 ripp kit and I just want some guys that have done this to chime in.

What internal did you guys use?

Did you returned the brat and black box or did you use a different standalone.

·
Vendor
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and lastly if tou guys used a dismantle tb and manifold, did you set a custom tune or reuse the ones from ripp.

Our customer has a stock engine and I can tune it so the stage 2, will run safe but you always take the chance. I just need to see the parts you used so I can price him out to see if going the stage 2 route is in his budget.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
For internals im pretty sure the majority have used CP pistons. Ive also seen weisco and JE pistons as well.

Ditch the black box brat box. I would go standalone because im not sure the limit on the big maps

I would retune if you use the diamante TB and manifold. Make sure you have some kind of cooling with that. Meth, FMIC, water to air cooler

·
Registered
163 Posts
yea i agree with that but good luck on you build bro. i just got a stage one and had a hell of a job to get the parts. and i mean if i think about it now with the money i spent on that thing and just reaching the bare min of 300 hp, i could of bought a gsx or even a good down payment on a evo. but it done so whatver.

·
Vendor
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. We have done the stage 1 accreditation times but never did a 3g engine build with this car so I wanted my customer to have the best experience. We are using a meth kit as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts